Deal Check Volvo XC60 B5 Lease+ Loyalty + Costco

Checkout this lease proposed to my business partner on the B5PLUS XC 60. for 12/36 with no MSDS roughly what would be a good price. But fee free to pick apart these.

He has Volvo Loyalty
Costco

The second one looks like a finance offer, not a lease.

Your partner should move to a strategy of making offers, or hire a broker. This looks like they asked the dealer “how much”, and the dealer responded in kind.

1 Like

The second one was a lease offer. At least thats what I saw on the form. Making offers is always a dangerous thing since you really have to know the latest incentives or you quote too high and they say sure. Quote too low they laugh and move on. He lives in Gulf Shores AL. Not a great place with some very small dealers there. He also checked Pensacola. I have Volvo S90s coming off lease and that car is pretty much out of the lineup, I have to consider others as my leases are up in July as well. I have personally never just quoted a price. But I have honed in myself and on the boards here and gotten sharp deals in the past. I have big dealers here and I didnt take anything they suggested. Not in the 800s of course. Maybe a broker would be ok for him, or if I find something where I am (South FLA) he could pick it up here. For example he has a Core 2020 XC60 at 417/m all in, no cap costs or other garbage, he had no loyalty but he had Costco. At that time I helped him with that as he was in NC and the deal happened last day of the money and the had A tier credit so no issues. I think his bank fee was even rolled in. I have two S90 Inscription models 2020. Zero Cap costs, no junk fees either- with FL tax and MSDS, and Costco+Penfed+loyalty 449 a month. The S90s were definitely in range of what others here got in 2020. I think a ton of people got the card in 2020 and 2017 when I got my first S90. When I got my S90s they claimed to me others were paying 800. I have never been loyal to any of these companies. I dont care about disposition fees although many buyers do care. I factor them in when I get the car figuring most likely I am gone. I also dont drive much and dont expect to in the next few yrs.

He’d be better off checking Atlanta (Dyer) or Birmingham. South Alabama and NW Florida are a tough dealer market unless you’re buying a Ford or Chevy.

Ok and why is that difficult?

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. I thought that could be the case. Very small dealers.

As soon as you make a mistake they say yes. I guess he could do that. I have never done that and I have leased for a long time. Like the example I gave I did better than brokers the last few times. I ended up with the same or better and no $500 fee. I did use brokers many yrs ago and I think ins ome cases they are good. I have seen some great broker deals but some of those brokers do no out of state deals regardless if you pickup, there due to the extra paperwork and hassles. I will add the past two leases I did there were peopole on this board who gave me the exact deals they got in South FLA which made things very easy. Its likely those agressive deals wont be matched or even close. I think 6 yrs ago there was a huge number os S90s leased with very sharp pricing and I was coming out a Lexus 350 which at the time had no good programs when I left them.

So figure out what brokers are offering and offer a few % more discount and make sure the payment reflects that.

2 Likes

Why would you make a mistake about AKA not know the incentives in your zip?

That’s fundamental basic 101 of leasing

Having current, accurate information for residual value, money factor, and incentives is important in understanding your deal. As such, going directly to a source that has access to that data from the captive banks is your best option.

Rate Findr has that information, as they have direct access to it from the captive banks. It’s a tool on the Leasehackr Calculator, available to Super Supporters.

You need to know that information if you want to judge if an offer is any good anyway.

Why are people so insistent of being ignorant of the details of their deal?

This is for AL. They claim to be giving some credit for the 2020 XC60 which is the car being returned end of lease.

1 Like

This kind of thinking is so annoying to deal with.

Customer: “I saw 11% off on leasehakr”.
Dealer: “Ok sounds reasonable lets write it up”
Customer: “But if I saw 11% off that means 16% off is possible”

That’s not how I meant to present it but okay. Gotta have common sense, 1st off not mentioning LH. OP’s concern was making sure he didn’t leave anything on the table. Which most dealers scoff at offers half of what brokers advertise anyway.

One rule of thumb you should always use is as follows. If the lease is 10% or less than than the MSRP (Effective Payment)(YEARLY NOT MONTHLY), no cap cost stuff, basically rolling all in including the bank fee, then the lease has good value.

1 Like

Your trade allowance is $30,000 and your trade payoff is $27,977, so you’re rolling in $2023 in equity. How much did you pay for the 2020? KBB trade on a T5 Momentum AWD with no options is about 31k, I would try to find out the real value of your current car.

Try Johnson Volvo in Charlotte and then use their numbers to see what University will do across town. University has a better XC60 selection right now it seems. Johnson Charlotte was extremely aggressive with pricing for a friend in Rock Hill and they gave a good experience. Sales manager there was no BS.

I am the business partner of the OP who would be leasing the car. The real trade in value of the car is around $31K.

Where exactly did you get the worth of 31k from?

Kelly Blue Book. Put in the VIN and check the appropriate features and accessories

I’ve got the one dealer Johnson Volvo in Charlotte telling me they can’t do a lease for AL. I have never ever heard of that. I’ve gotten quotes in the past from GA, FL, VA, NC, etc.