Volvo XC40 T5 Momentum Loaner Help

Get over it lol
You know that this can happen under certain conditions. Not better for new, but close enough where having a new car at a little more is better than dealing with high mileage loaners (tires, brake pads, etc)

1 Like

@rhymess You have a lot of questions. Lets take them one at a time.

I would suggest you never use the phrase “pre-incentive discount” with a Volvo salesperson. When dealing with a salesperson keep it simple - you want to counter with a selling price and MF. You say something like “Thank you for your offer but I am looking for a selling price of $10,000 (made up #) at the buy rate MF of 0.00070.”

The concept of pre-incentive discount is an important one in YOUR evaluation of a good selling price offer. Pre-incentive and dealer cash are the building blocks of your offer, Recall, the selling price you offer will always be a simple mathematical formula:

So let’s say your Volvo dealer comes back at you at says: “I can do $36,000 at the buy rate”. He is giving you a price - no mention of pre-incentive, no mention of Volvo dealer cash. YOU need to break this offer down into its parts so you can see how it measures up:

$44,080 MSRP
$36,000 Made-up Selling Price Counter
$ 8,080 Total Discount

$ 1,500 Dealer Cash
$ 6,580 Pre-Incentive Discount
14.9% Pre-Incentive Discount (6580/44080)

14.9% pre-incentive now - you are making progress in this example. But how much more of a discount do you ask for? Now you should see the value of doing your homework on setting a pre-incentive discount target.

2 Likes

No. You are confusing the RV adjustment’s relationship to selling price. As @Ursus noted the fact that you are looking at a loaner has 2 key implications to a deal: 1. You want bigger discount vs a new Volvo and b. the dealer will adjust the RV in your deal.

You need to build the outline of a good deal BEFORE you talk to a dealer. One key variable is RV. You should expect the dealer to tell you he will adjust your RV. You should calculate this adjustment so you are not surprised. If the salesperson doesn’t bring the adjustment up you must ASK.

You need to ask all these questions to your Volvo dealer - I am not familiar with Volvo terms.

A few points I can raise. If memory serves, Volvo offers a 4 year standard warranty (confirm this). You should be good with a 36 month lease. Warranty period has already started on the demo, it starts the first day Volvo puts it in service. You get 36K miles - demo miles are not deducted from your lease.

i still can’t think of a single condition that can happen under lol. the remaining hair on my head stood up when i read that originally…

Volvo warranty is 4 years/50k miles and starts when a new car is put in loaner fleet. It includes 3 10k miles services. So you covered if there is no more than 5k miles on it for 36/15k and you don’t go over alloted miles, for example. Anything less than 15k/year should pretty much cover you.

@rhymess How did your car search turn out?

Slow day? You keep bumping relatively old threads. How many OPs have actually replied to your multiple “How did your car search turn out?”.

1 Like

About 60% reply. I figure we invest time to help folks out, they can return the kindness by giving us feedback on how things turned out.

1 Like

Would be nice of them, but it’s their choice to come back or not. There is no reason to bump old threads to ask them to do it though, IMO.

Agree, ultimately its their choice. My hunch is people are just to distracted with the demands of everyday life. A gentle reminder is usually all it takes to get those willing to give back to post. We always tell posters to “go research past deals”. Well, we need folks to post their past deals to make a search useful. A post that’s 2-3 weeks old is usually the window of time it takes to wrap up a deal. Their deal experience is still fresh in their mind so a quick post shouldn’t be too much trouble.

1 Like

Hi Guys,

@824 @Ursus

I am a newbie trying to lease a car for the first time. I am still debating if I should lease or buy a new car. Reading this thread helped me in not signing a lease for an 2020 xc 40(MSRP 46K). The dealer told the best deal they could offer is 520 p/m with 1421 drive off.

You don’t ask dealers, you tell them what you need and then negotiate.

Is there anyone who recently got a XC 60 40 or XC 60 Lease ? What is the best deal you got ?

usually September is a good month to lease 2020 cars as it is the last month of the quarter and dealerships are trying to sell old inventory.

Search in Share Deals, simple.

1 Like