Volvo XC40 - continue to lease or sell

@Charlieo As you mentioned, mycarauction had no issues with the title. They came over and signed off on the dmv transfer paper and will come back to pick up after money is transferred. They gave me the option to wire in the money in addition to check on the spot. I went with wire option. Do you think that’s fine? Right now, they haven’t wired in yet but I already signed off on dmv transfer.

You pay RV + all remaining payments (that include rent charge), no?

Someone would need to post their Volvo contract to verify if they do things differently, but I haven’t ever seen a contract that doesn’t do rv + base payment (someti.es plus some other fee, like a flat 4% on mbfs in some states, for example), which is before rent charge.

I have seen many people claim that it is rv + entire payment and cite the contract discussion on the actuarial method as proof, but every time I have seen that, it has been them misunderstanding what the contract says.

My buyout looks like it definitely includes rent charge when I calculate RV + remaining payments + property tax. And I think this is what we say here all the time. Not talking about contract here, just the buyout amount.

Your contract should specify how the personal buy out is calculated.

If we are talking 3rd party buy outs, all bets are off.

Oh, never looked at that lol

1 Like

In my contract, unearned rent charges are not part of payoff statement.

1 Like

It took almost a week for them to send a tow truck to pickup the car, so I wouldn’t put it on the truck until you have payment…

Yes, makes sense. Wire transfer is done. They just need to pick up the car now. Very smooth process. CarMax’s dumb policy lost me 2k but 7k equity is nothing to complain about.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.