Volvo V60 T5 Momentum Loaner Deal Check

It depends on the type of incentive. NY doesn’t tax incentives that are “direct to the dealership and not reimbursed by the manufacturer” are not taxed. It’s a thin line with Volvo because the money comes from Volvo, but since they usually include them in the selling price, they aren’t taxed. Loyalty and anything else does get taxed, though.

So the $3,000 I got from Costco last year was taxed, but the $2,000 regular incentive wasn’t, for instance.

2 Likes

So the $3,750 should be moved to untaxed then. Even better.

1 Like

Generally, yes. It all depends on how they structure it. I guess I could figure out which dealership this is if I felt like it and if it’s one I’ve dealt with, I could see how they would structure it.

Why is the doc fee at $85 in the calculator and registration at $400? That’s the default. If in NY, it should be $75 for doc, NJ would be $400-$600, and CT is generally $600-$700. Registration should be about $265 for new and $67 for transfer.

1 Like

$3,750 is dealer cash, so non-taxed then.

1 Like

So I took your advice and got the following quote for a V60 CC Loaner with 3,400 miles on it.

MSRP: $48,100
Discount: $39,999
Loan Terms: 36 months/12k
Residual: 54%
Base MF: .00018
Lease Cash Incentive: $3,750
Monthly Payment: $371
$2,500 down which includes first months payment and as well as taxes and fees.

Does that seem like a decent deal?

2 Likes

Comparing to the calculator I posted before this deal is around $30/mo and $160 in DAS more, so you are at 13.75% off I guess. Not great. Try to get $600 more off to make it 15%

Edit: moved to untaxed incentives. $400 in DAS is missing

1 Like

Getting there but not great yet. Also you sure you want one without Advance Pack? It’s essential for any Volvo IMO and where the value proposition shines.

I know multiple people have this opinion, but as you said it’s just that.

I don’t have Advanced in my XC60. I just had a V60 loaner with it, and I was not at all impressed (which was my recollection from multiple S60/XC60 test drives). If it added $0.50 to my lease payment and I could skip Advanced, I would.

Oh, I forgot the mileage penalty, my bad. So you are at 15% pre-incentive, but still they have $400 more in DAS
@dohboyfresh
Is RV 53% or 54%?

Right it’s not like it’s unbearable somehow, more like it’s a great offering for on the new platform.

@Ursus for 12k/36 it should be 53%.

@FuzzyIBJ The advance pack sounds great, but I’m more concerned with getting a good deal than getting the latest and greatest features.

1 Like

So, I was told that it is NJ dealer, so the dealer fees $499. Change in the calculator and it matches your dealer’s quote. Good deal.

It effectively adds HUD, makes the Cruise Control → Adaptive, adds the nicer color dashboard (you can also get just with Navigation or Sound). Every other feature in Sensus I can access some other way, Advanced just might make how I do that look nicer.

1 Like

You omitted the best part - headlights

1 Like

And 360 camera.

The non-advanced headlights are as bright as any xenon/HIDs I had before, they just don’t turn when the wheel does (like my Mazda3, CX-5, and GTI did).

The backup camera without Advanced is great. The parking sensors are much more sensitive with the latest Sensus update.

That’s my point, not that they are brighter :slight_smile:

Can’t forget the headlamp pressure washers which I have never actually seen work.

1 Like