Volvo T6 V60 R-Design Advice

I can’t swear to the exact date because it set off the psychosis that is my car shopping process and I’ve looked at so many things in the last two months. But I definitely searched car gurus in early May and there were zero 2019 V60s. Mid-May (when I was working a deal on 1 on VA) there were less than 20 on the ground nationwide on CarGurus. 2 weeks ago there were probably 100 when I found one in SoCal on June 9th and worked a better-but-still-not agreeable deal.

Ordering opened on March 19th (special order only) and when I went in around April 1st all Volvo ordering was closed. You would know better but the orders I saw from that other dealer looked like about 60 days from order confirmation to receipt at the port, and then shipping time. So any special orders on day one that were wrong and went into inventory would not of shown up until mid-end of May - right?

Ordering opened in December for March delivery.

1 Like

I should also add if any information I’ve verified is incorrect, I’ve learned that the dealer I was primarily working with first had a lot of incorrect information. And in casual conversation with - call it four different dealers - I’ve often gotten four different answers on the same question that I would expect them to know.

None of the dealers I spoke with even understood the V60 ordering process or any of the dates that were communicated to anyone on the email list from Volvo. Which is fine if the email is wrong and the dealers are right. I haven’t seen a launch of this screwed up since the original Nissan Leaf.

1 Like

I’d be curious about that search on the history.

Also my understanding is that ordering is now closed for 2019? And 2020 V60s don’t have a T6. Can you confirm?

(All just curiosity, I already got my car)

Did Volvo split the launch by coast? Here is my email from December 7:

And here’s what I got on March 19

Sure!

I looked at CarGurus for all 2019 V60s in the country then sorted by oldest first. Saw lots 2 months old.

CarGurus also does not represent all inventory.

1 Like

There were 2 emails, if I recall correctly. It was also on Volvo site in December. Don’t see why it would be 3 month difference between coasts.
You can search LH, there are a couple of V60 threads and I’m sure that December ordering was mentioned there also.
Edit: not sure why you cut off the relevant part from December email:

Realistically if a car is available for order, does volvo really care if the dealer orders for inventory or for a customer? My interpretation is that the car is only available for order meaning dealers aren’t forced feed them to sell like other models.

1 Like

My dealer ordered 2 for stock and they hadn’t been approved by Volvo in mid-February. He didn’t get them until the end of April. He also had 2 customer orders that where delivered around the same time or in May.

This is very very true. Throughout May, I was seeing more and more popping up at dealerships. Several local dealerships here in the NE had anywhere from 3 to 7 on their lots within the last few weeks. There are 22 dealerships within 50 miles from me (I know that from Volvo’s website), so if there was an average of 3 per dealership, let’s say, that’s 65 or so here in the NYC area alone.

Just a cursory look at the Volvo website shows well over 100 within a 200 mile radius.

1 Like

Doesn’t looks like there are any v60’s on dealers lots in socal…

I found 5 of them on Car Gurus alone…

Volvo Palm Springs has a T6 Inscription and a T5 Momentum in stock.

Volvo San Diego has a T5 R-Design.

A few others around too.

Car Gurus has zero within 50 miles of LA

Nice…that one in San Diego looks good.

The blue t5 rdesign is one that I worked a deal on. They gave up more than I expected but not enough to make it worth pulling the trigger until closer to end of my lease. SD made a stronger offer than a certain VA dealer with a blue t6 rdesign I was pricing 2 weeks before it appeared, unlike every other T6 subsidized to cheaper than alternative engine. The only incentive besides loyalty is costco, the residual is fine but the MF is terrible, even with MSDs. It just isn’t leasing like it will in 6 months. If either v60 was that other blue I’d hold my nose and pay the extortion for 36 months.

Bursting Blue makes me feel things I never knew possible. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sweden::blue_car: