Volvo S90 Deal - What do you think?

It’s $359/mo on 24/12 for #1 in @Logik’s three offers. Feel free to use it as your target, but mind different tax rate.

Just had a dealer tell me that any additional dealer discount is prohibited under A-Plan. Anyone heard this before or know if it’s true?

Dealer discount under A-Plan is not only meaningless but strictly prohibited by Volvo. A-Plan is formula pricing.

We’ve heard it many times before but we know it is NOT true :slight_smile:

1 Like

Find another dealer. They quoted you double what it can be and lie to you on top of that.

Can you explain how that turns out to be 359 per month? I calculated about 500 per month excluding taxes with current residual and MF, or am i looking at the wrong quote?

$359/mo is based on 12% off MSRP before rebates, not on the selling price they gave him.
And yeah - you are looking at a different quote. Mine is based on a screenshot above it.

Did you find anyone in Cali, back in September they didn’t even respond to my emails!

I didn’t pursue. At that price point I would rather drive the RX350. If it’s at $224 then it’s a different story :slight_smile:

That’s my kind of guy - not afraid to cross shop the 294 hp 3.0 L V6 Rx 350 Luxury SUV vs the 301 hp 2.0 L T4 S90 Luxury Sedan. And then decide based on the payment …

@Ursus would have said these are apples to oranges :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s a super nice deal in MA. MA is the place for Volvos. Looks like the lowest deal on 59k T6 I have seen so far…

If you factor in the fact that Volvo made the 4 Audi payments + dispo fewe, that’s worth at least 1.5k, so the effective payment on this lease is around 378 -1.5k/24 = 315.5 with tax which is phenomenal!!

Yes, that’s lower than Krawlings’ $329/mth loaner deal last month.

I was wondering if you guys could clue me in on what’s going on with this quote. I’m obviously not going to pursue this but I’m wondering for educational purposes if anyone knows what this guy was doing with his numbers? Did I do something wrong in my calculation?

He was going on about how he was discounting the car almost 30% because it’s a loaner. The numbers didn’t make sense to me so I sent him over my calculations hoping to find out where we differed. His response was “That’s unfortunately not possible on this vehicle. All the best.

His quote on a T6 Momentum loaner with 9k miles on it…

My calculation using the numbers he showed me…
MSRP 59,205.00
Discount -14,144.00
Rebate -3,500.00
Sale Price 41,561.00
Term 36 Months
Mileage 12,000/yr
Residual Val 48%
Money Factor 0.0001 (I was generous and marked up the MF from the base number that is publicly available)

Monthly Depreciation
(Capitalized Cost - Residual Value) / Number of Months
(41,561 – 28,418.40) / 36 = 365.07222

Monthly Finance Charge
(Capitalized Cost + Residual Value) * Money Factor
(41,561 + 28,418.40) * 0.0001 = 6.99794

Monthly Payment
Depreciation + Finance Charge = Lease Payment
365.07222 + 6.99794 = 372.07016

If I pay all the fees and registration up front that gives me a monthly payment of $372.07 before tax and $397.18 with 6.75% tax added in. What am I missing here?

YOur calculations are correct but your assumption is that he is giving you discount + rebate. Sometimes the discount includes the rebate. ALso you perhaps did not factor the 9k mileage penalty which will affect the residual …

Very true about the residual! The Volvo residuals already kind of suck for the '17 models and who knows what they are taking it down to with 9k on it.

He was giving the discount + rebate. That totals up to just under 30% off MSRP which he kept pointing out in previous emails.

Thanks!

thanks! $1.9K for the Audi :slight_smile:

It did take some time to actually get the dealer to agree. Most were quoting around the $440 mark and told me to go screw when I said it should be lower. These guys had 1 S90 left while most other were 10-15 in stock

@vhooloo LOL. Yes not afraid to cross shop and even willing to drive a $99 Bolt that you are predicting if it’s true 0 sign and drive.

Hi Guys,

Here is another 2018 S90 quote I just got.
I know this month MF/RV is 0.00033/61 looks like he marked up?
My question is how do I ask him for correct MF/RV?
should I just tell him "isn’t your MF/RV is 0.00033/61% this month?

I’m sure RV is not 61% on 39 month. He can’t change it, anyway. MF marked up, so just tell him you won’t pay it and want buy rate .00033
He also didn’t give you any discount - most of that 7k must be Volvo cash. Check on Volvo payment estimator for current incentives. Search for other S90 deals.

Looks like Volvo only offers $5,550 incentives this month.
Thanks for the advice!

Try for 10-12% off before $5,550 Volvo cash.