Volvo S60 T5 R-design Lease Review

Hi guys/girls! First post and first lease. Spent a good amount of time reading through these threads and feel like this is pretty solid, but I’ve hit a wall and am wondering if it’s worth pulling the trigger on this deal or continuing to look elsewhere.

I’ve confirmed MF and residual with Edmunds. With 7 MSDs deal said it would bring my payment down to $414 including taxes. I’ve offered him $415, $422 and $427 over the course of a few weeks and he won’t budge. Been super patient and transparent, except for the fact that he said he can’t send me the detailed offer (showing addons, taxes, breakout of discount pre/post incentives etc., until after he runs my credit and I come in?).

Appreciate if you can help me poke any holes.

also, seems relatively insignificant, but was going to see about having him throw in tint…not sure if that’s something they scoff at but figured it’s worth a shot if we isn’t budging any further on discount/msrp.

At that price point, I would look at a T6. Nevertheless, it’s a decent deal!

Figure out for yourself what the incentives are (can find this info either on edmunds or on volvo’s website) so you can compare pre-incentive discounts.

$999 dealer fee is ridiculous, even by Fl standards.

I wouldn’t bother with dealer installed tint, unless you get to pick the actual product they’re putting on.

$1000 VCFS Lease Bonus - SR - FL exp. 10/31/2019
$2000 Volvo Allowance exp. 10/31/2019

Just don’t know what the markup on the MSRP is/was?

Looks like an 11.8% pre-incentive discount then. Not bad for a 2020, although they are making some of that back up on the dealer doc fee.

Before pulling the trigger, I’d be sure to compare incentives and rates on a T6. It’s not unusual for the T6, despite having a higher MSRP, to lease for the same or less than the T5 models because of higher incentives and better lease terms. That’s how I ended up with a T6 S90 over a T5 one.

1 Like

appreciate the insight! I haven’t looked at all at the T6’s for two reasons, was looking for r-design and this dealer that has been the most to the point doesn’t have any, and because I assumed they’d lease higher given higher MSRP. I will have a look though. You all and this forum are incredible…thanks!

Always best when looking into a lease to at least run the numbers on the higher trims. Sometimes you’ll be surprised.

1 Like

Solid point. I will incorporate that in my framework moving forward. Always thought that asking dealers for multiple quotes on different trims exposing me to the perception that I have a higher ceiling for monthly payment. Also I’m unfortunately skeptical that they’d be willing to move a lower margin, better deal in favor of a higher margin lower trim. I am definitely a pessimist though.

Thanks again!

I wouldn’t ask the dealer.

You want to know the RV/MF/Incentives for the vehicle before you ever talk to the dealer, so looking at your options then is the time to do it.

You should know the numbers you want before talking to the dealer. Talking to a dealer is just a matter of getting them to agree to what you’re targeting.

1 Like

Couldn’t be any more right. All great points.

LH score is 9.3+, good deal!

1 Like

Just an update for those that contributed to this thread, I am going in this week to sign on this. My only gripe is that they won’t help with the disposition fee (and also, but way less important, wouldn’t tint). Thanks again for all the input all!

What kind of help were you expecting? It’s a possible charge by VCFS and the dealer has no control over it.

I understand. I had other dealers (offering worse monthly quotes, naturally) telling me they’d cover the disposition fee for the car I have to turn back in to Mercedes. Was trying to see if this dealer would match is all.

They weren’t covering anything, they just rolled it into your payments. I’m sure this dealer would have too if you agreed to them moving the payment higher.

2 Likes