Volvo rear bumper damage - insurance or no

Eh…sounds fishy. I’d wait for a bumper. You have rental insurance, I would assume.

1 Like

Insurance approves replacement or repair. If they approved replacement - just wait for it or maybe go to a different shop.

They approved replacement. I myself called the dealership where the parts are being ordered from and they said there is no ETA on arrival (could be days or months). I called another dealership and they said it is on back order but they can’t say when it will arrive unless an actual order is placed.
Sounds like a volvo problem.
I am also annoyed that the body shop would start work without figuring out the parts situation first. The body shop also just said it matter of fact, didn’t ask for approval to do repair as opposed to replacement.
The body shop now emailed me back and said they will contact the insurance to see what can be done (after I emailed them saying I don’t want repair).

I have a second car that I am using (but a rental was offered)

Wait it out then. If you need a rental, use it…that’s what you pay for every month.

Sucks having to pay a monthly payment on a car you can’t use, but it’s better than having Volvo come back after you when you ground it for a shitty repair job.

It is kind of odd they would start repair without having their ducks in a row with parts. I’ve never had a repair done where the parts weren’t ordered ahead of time, and then I came in to have the repair done. If the car was immobilized, that would be a different story.

That’s the issue, the car is totally drivable. It is more of a cosmetic problem. The body shop should have just ordered the item and I would come in once it arrived but they clearly didn’t think that way. That’s what is annoying me.

Take the rental, you pay for it in your premium.

Body shop will put the car back together and i will wait until a new bumper arrives (still no ETA).

1 Like

Hopefully the boat from China arrives before your lease is up :slight_smile:

Before sanctions kick in in full.

Well fancy that, they called back and found a OEM bumper. Will arrive Monday.

2 Likes