Volvo lease maintance

Good evening all.
2019 Volvo xc90 t6 r-design
I’m due for my 10k mile maintance, and have a service appointment Friday. When I signed my lease last year I was told all maintance was included for the three years. However, I’m going to a different dealer close to home and the in app scheduling says it is going to cost $200+. If that’s true, it is fine, i just don’t want to be ripped off.

Can anyone tell me what should I be expecting to pay? If it’s included in Volvo lease, it’s there somewhere I can find information to make a solid claim if they disagree?

Thanks in advance!

Maintenance is free along with free “valet” pickup and dropoff.

Valet pickup and drop off is not free. I paid $ 20 for this service and confirmed it with 2 dealers. I believe I was told that free pickup and drop off is within 5 miles from their dealership only.

Dealer service scheduling shows their “regular” price – it should be free for the actual service. Tire rotation/balance isn’t included ($60 at my area dealerships, but I declined). Wiper blades might not be included as well, but I ended up replacing the blade refills on my own.

Hey no worries! It’s shown as a cost in the app but it is free. If you’re anxious that’s fine, some places have free drop and pickup and loaners but call ahead to confirm.

My dealer does valet for a 20 mile radius, this number and cost changes with each dealer. I’m willing to post my last 3 service contracts I had done if you’d like to ease your mind :slight_smile:

Volvo recommends that you bring your vehicle in for service at least once a year regardless of mileage. In such cases Volvo will cover the recommended services at 1 per year for the first 3 years.

Here’s your source too btw! It’s honored nation wide.

https://www.volvocars.com/us/own/owner-info/service-by-volvo/factory-scheduled-maintenance

Guess it depends on the dealership. My 2 local dealers offer free valet service with loaners. I just had my XC90 serviced 2 weeks ago and they picked up and exchanged with a loaner at my workplace 15 miles away from their location.

Thanks so much for that link and the info. I’m going to a dealer I don’t trust to much due to covid. I’m already over on miles so I’m trying to get my info together. I’ll give them a call tomorrow and see if they will come get it.

Thanks for your help!

As another point of reference, I was also in the same situation. Dealership was trying to charge me for the regular 10k maintenance. I ended up having to open a case with Corporate and escalate to the service manager and then to the GM just to get them to not charge me for the 10k maintenance.

Your experience with Volvo will vary greatly depending on how many dealerships are in your area. For me, there is only 1 within about 60 miles or so, so they don’t offer loaners, valet, etc, and tend to treat people who don’t buy their car from them like crap.

1 Like

This is exactly what I’m concerned about. Only dealer within 90 miles, overpriced cars, history of bad stories, and I purchased from another dealer… what could go wrong!?!

I’ll fill everyone in with the end results.

Just print from the Hershey’s link and take it there.