Volvo Lease-End Options

Looking for Lease-End Options on Volvo S60. Got an offer from Carmax that is about $600 above the payoff. Would I have to pay taxes on the sale to Carmax if I immediately payoff the car? I’m in NYC.

the lease end option is to either return or get a new volvo and get the dispo waived or return the car and pay dispo. there’s no equity in an s60.

3 Likes

Stop saying there is no equity. Just because your dealer won’t give any doesn’t mean others won’t.

3 Likes

dude - there’s no equity in s60s, xc90 t5 and t6m’s, xc60 t5m and i’s, with slight exceptions to cars w like 10k miles on them or low spec.

Son, I have a '19 S60, remember? Don’t BS people. All of the Carvana, Driveway and Carmax give me up to $6,800. Low mileage, granted, but still there is equity. Also, I got $5,500 including ~$1,200 VA estimated property tax included in the payoff on my '19 XC90 T6 MOM

2 Likes

pm me your vin, miles and payoff. i’ll show you that there isnt.

I know the MMR. It’s lower than any offer by $3-4k.
S60 is financed, but adding $1k to the current payoff to equal my lease payoff that I payed (which included $900 PT), it’s the same.

1 Like

Lol the OP went to buy popcorn :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

4 Likes

The OP has no choice, really. He can’t get any equity without buying out the car first (and paying the sales tax) or trading for another Volvo.

6 Likes

Mine is just under 10k lol
But even taking out $3k for higher mileage, still leaves $2 or $3k

1 Like

no it doesnt. a car with 25-30k miles on it (or more) will have much more wear and tear, possibly some dings and dents, and need a new set of tires. yes, carmax won’t ding you for that, but i wouldnt want the risk of waiting for title on an s60 in this falling market.

1 Like

@Nypharm
Anticipation Popcorn GIF

2 Likes

Market is unpredictable, sure. Carmax gave me $32,900 around 4 weeks ago, then $34k two weeks later, then dropped to $33k after another 2 weeks.

1 Like

So in my case being that Carmax is only offering 600 above payoff it only males sense to give it back to volvo? Or is there another option?

i wouldnt buy the car

1 Like

I don’t think you can sell a Volvo lease to a third party without buying out the car first yourself.

100% cannot. And only in 1 state (CA) can you avoid/recover sales tax in the process

1 Like

Last I checked I had about 6k in equity on XC90 t5

2 Likes

Try a few other estimates to see if it’s worth it. Driveway, AutoNation, Algo, and GMTV we’re all pretty competitive for my recent xc90 sale aside from CarMax. Was still planning to go with CarMax but their appraisal dropped $3k in the month or so it took me to buy out and transfer the title. I did put about 800 miles in that time though. Ended up selling to gmtv instead and found out they would also have taken the transfer title that Volvo sent so I didn’t need to waste another 2 weeks and $110 to get the title in my name.

Carmax sold my Volvo (paid me 31.6k), somehow, to some sucker in Georgia.

Anything is possible (???).