Volvo C40. Is this a good lease?

Do you like the rearview of the C40 from having a Rav4? The back window/cargo is pretty small on a C4

Unlike his rav 4 the c40 doesn’t even have leather. Don’t know if we can call it an upgrade.

A limited trim rav 4 is often loaded

1 Like

Well I don’t consider ‘seat material’ when comparing cars (though I don’t like the suede in the XC40). I compare more visual things like mirrors / windows / cargo space/ headroom.

1 Like

Ive owned a Volvo before and I like it. I got rid of it becuase I thought I was moving to NYC, but that didn’t happen.

I don’t carry lots of stuff but my dogs and I think that they have plenty room.

1 Like

Yep no leather. Going electric also means going green in other terms and I am all for it. Really like the Rav4 Hybrid, but feels kinda blah and also noisy as hell on the road. I’ve owned a Ford and that was not as noisy as the Rav4. Even for being a hybrid it is not quiet.

I was talking to my local dealer about a C40 Ultimate recently. They were pretty open about the car not being popular and wanting to get their remaining 5 off their floorplan. I was offered 10% discount from MSRP, then the $7500 discount then an additional $2500 off as a Costco member and then an additional $500 as an educator. On top of that they told me that depending on when I want to pull the trigger there’s additional incentive cash to get these cars moved.

In the end I read some reviews, checked complaints for the C40 and decided not to get one due to uncorrectable shudder/vibration at highway speeds.

If you want to upgrade your lease in less than a year, you might want to do the same again. My understanding is Volvo leases are hard to get out of as they don’t allow 3rd party buyouts. Someone else might have more information on them though.

I have gotten out of a Volvo lease. It was a sell back to them and they were pretty reasonable.

Yea I read the reviews and the complaints. I mean all new vehicles go through this is my thought. I mean Toyotas electric car had the wheels falling off. Not comparing but again just indicating that all new models come with concerns like this. Heck even Tesla has not better build quality and folks have issues with it.

Volvo leases NOW are hard to get out early of unless you buy another Volvo

3 Likes

I totally get where you’re coming from. Just note that this isn’t a matter of using the wrong sized studs and the wheels falling off. That’s stupid and dangerous but correctable. This is a repeatable issue in the C40 that they have no idea how to fix, to the point where they’ve actually started processing buybacks. The dealer told me the XC40 has this as well. A co-worker of mine drives a C40. He says that the rear window is too small and he hates the steering wheel and rearview mirror shaking at highway speeds.

Thanks for letting me know. Which brings to mind, why are they still not making a deal to get them off their hands. LOL

1 Like

Too bad you’re not in Pennsylvania. They seem willing to deal here.

@AutoCompanion this guy wants a c40 tell him your deals…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.