Volvo axes V90 for USA

season 5 ghost GIF by Power

10 Likes

“According to Carsalesbase, Volvo sold a measly 1,453 V90s from 2017 to 2020.”

1 Like

And half of those were sold on this site.

19 Likes

I wonder how many of those were people who accidentally drove away with one instead of a V60. I still can’t tell the two apart.

What a shame. We love our V90 CC we got through you, which I see they’re still selling stateside. If Americans only knew what they’re missing out on.

2 Likes

I failed to convince wife…

1 Like

V90 CC will still be offered.

4 Likes

Yep, which I alluded to in my post. At least it’s something.

1 Like

Americans don’t deserve their splendor tbh.

I’m going to need a black/black one asap I can put in storage, I’ll be in touch :wink:

2 Likes

Interesting…this article says the V60 non cross country is sticking around for 2022 but I just tried to order one and my Volvo dealer told me the V60 non CC is dead for the US for 2022 as Volvo focuses on SUV during the ongoing chip storage.

1 Like

I saw that too and thought the same thing. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve walked into a Volvo dealer with my checkbook to order a v60, and walked out disappointed with the same number of checks I walked-in with. It’s no less than 6, not including desperately calling dealers across the US.

If Volvo is reading (they aren’t), get your shit together on orders. You are killing us.

V60 is dead too - order only for all wagons and they’re not likely to fill them anytime soon.

2 Likes

I am going to buy not lease and there are a couple of new 2021 V60s on the east coast and a couple of loaners so I guess I will have to pick one of those or order a 2022 Audi A4 all road.

2 Likes

New Audi is sharp, so is the new Merc E Class all terrain, albeit bigger than the A4 and V60 offerings.

Yet another wagon that was set up to fail in North America. If Volvo shipped enough of these (none of the stupid special order nonsense) and actually gave us decent lease terms like they did with the S90 then people would buy them. But it never made any sense to pay significantly more for a V90 lease than any of the SUV’s. It’s so frustrating.

Wait, can you even still buy an S90 at this point?

1 Like

When I leased my XC60, the comparable V60 (trim, engine, MSRP within 1k) was $9k more total cost, if you could get one.

1 Like

Yes. Lease terms are not very good, though. They sold 29 of them last month!

1 Like

oh, odd, my brain blocked that somehow.

1 Like

Local dealer has two V90 CC in stock. Not bad looking. Maybe since it’s been a while since I’ve been in one, Volvos just seem ‘meh’ overall. Sure they’re safe but how fun are they to drive?

I spent an hour in mine this morning, mostly in Polestar mode, which never fails to put a smile on my face (the gas gauge OTOH :angry:).

It’s not my erstwhile WRX or GTI, but it’s wayyyy more comfortable and almost as much fun.

1 Like