Volvo APLAN Questions

Hi all,

I’m currently looking to lease a Volvo and was wondering two things. In order to go to A-Plan discount, I wanted to sign up for VCOA, but it says in the FAQ that you have to have held a membership with them for a year prior to using the A-Plan code. Is this true? Also, before I sign up, wanted to know the current A-Plan incentives on the 2018 S90 MOM. Is it still $3000? Thanks!

You can just go online and register for Aplan. You need to qualify either through qualifying employers (corporations) or through club memberships (sams and Costco) only when they are availble couple times a year. Currently none of the clubs are offering.

VCOA (Volvo Club of America) offers their members ($45 fee) A-Plan pricing. Seems worth it if can offer considerable savings?

Just wait for 3.7. A-plan is his baby.

Like you said, it takes a year unless it goes through by accident (doubtful). Any employers of your household members could qualify you. Currently $3,000 on the model you listed.

@Ursus - lol!

1 Like

Makes sense, thanks. Unfortunately my employer isn’t part of A-Plan. Is there any other recommended way to get around this?

Sure. Get a discount of 11% before incentives and forget about a-plan.

1 Like

If your company (or anyone your household members work for) has 500+ employees, they can join. It takes about a month to get signed up.

Edit- it could take longer than a month. Looking at some emails to see how to apply, I see that applications are being review quarterly now.

Are you sure it is not 100+? :smirk:

Are you talking about employees? It used to be around 100, but they increased the requirement to 500+ recently.

What is the best/easiest way to get this started? Is there a contact at Volvo? We have 1500~

Recent change? I can ask again, but this is from Volvo a-plan email on April 5:

I am attaching our partner agreement that needs to be filled out by your HR Team. I will work to help you here, but I need that agreement. AS soon as I get it back, I can generate a Partner Code. I will assume your organization has at least 100 employees.

VCOA takes a year to get a-plan, I got denied when I signed up…but you can work out a deeper discount on certain vehicles without a-plan, some shady dealers may still combine both but don’t hold out.

I finally got in touch with the reliable sources at A-Plan and the requirement is now 500+ employees. Feel free to verify with your sources.

Never heard back from that person and it only important to someone with 100-500 employees. I’m only for clarity and this doesn’t affect me directly, anyway.

Well if clarity matters (as you say it does), consider verifying for yourself rather than disputing, ideally beforehand.

Can’t stand being questioned, can you? :smirk:

I don’t mind questions. It’s the condescending arrogance I have a problem with.

Can I sign up for aplan now through Costco? If yes, would I get the discount if I lease something in the next week or two?

If you have a current costco membership, you can get the current costco incentive. It isn’t a-plan, but it’s a better incentive anyway right now for most models.