Velar 2021 lease 39/12k miles

Be sure to specify your location when asking for input on a deal! Tagging by state (e.g. CA, NJ, NY) is mandatory.

So i went to a dealership in Nj (well known) and this the deal the were trying to giving me, and i had to walk away because it may no sense and when i mention my calculation thu lease hacker calculator the exact words where “ are you suggesting my $100,000 computer is wrong ” that was my clue of walking away , so here it goes msrp $63525 got a discount of 9.8% (chase private client) selling price 57,299.55 ( great price but this is when it gets tricky ) so my understanding from the forum is selling price - residual price (56%) = monthly payment + mf .00063 = monthly payment from my understanding. He mention that they don’t dont go by the selling price but the $msrp - residual = your payment which it makes no sense to me and i hope if i am wrong someone can explain it to me! their quote 39months/12k $654 a month DAS 4584.26
1st month payment +bank rate $895 +Doc fee 599 + 640.40 MvC + taxes 1790.25 = $4584.26

My numbers
msrp 63525 - 9.8% discount = 57299.55 selling price - (56%). 35,574 = 21,725.55
21,725.55 / 39 months = 557.06 + mf = $587 w/ 4098 Das ( numbers through lease hckr calculator)

This post is a mess, but mentioning LH is a sure way to ruin your dealer experience.

10 Likes

sorry for a mess post , new to the forum and was trying to put as much details as possible :man_shrugging:

Post a link to your calculator or some sort of comparing as to what numbers are different. This is a mess.

And yes, you typing numbers which are most likely inaccurate into a simple calculator is not as accurate as their desking software.

Without knowing the inputs, it’s not possible to identify where the issue is, but if I was a betting man, I’d say they have the mf significantly marked up above what you’re using.

2 Likes

That is not correct. There is an article on LH explaining how payments are calculated

Took a sceeen shot of lease hckr calculator with the number they provided

Case in point…

How is “MF” $29.94/mo? Also, it’s rent charge. MF is an input to calculate rent charge

Rent charge per month = [(Cap cost + residual) * MF]/Term = [(??? + 35,574)*0.0063]/39. If I assume cap cost is $59k just for this excercise I get $15.22 per month.

You took a screen shot of the outputs. It is meaningless without the inputs. Copy the link to the calculator.

1 Like

The screenshot does us no good. We need the inputs. Just use the share your numbers link.

My head hurts
Op what are youbexpecting to pay for a 63k Velar?

3 Likes

Just put all of the numbers that he said in the post, and I’m getting closer to what the dealer is quoting him than what he came up with:

I messed with the tax a bit to account for “luxury car”, but I don’t remember what it should be under that scenario. Also it seems that the dealer is just screwing him without the lube on the DMV and dealer fees. unless that’s where they put the luxury tax?! I don’t know this is the closest I could decipher what the OP posted

the problem is not the price because i do know things are a bit tough due to shortness of inventory , what took me for a spin was that he based his price on msrp 63525 not the selling price of 9.8 discount 57299.50

revised numbers

This is what they offered you now, or this is where you want to be? It’s hard to follow what you’re trying to tell us.

Have you looked for residuals at 24, 33 and 36 months to see if they are any better?

the numbers the offered ( dealer ) which is not a discount of 9.8 as he said $6225.45 from the msrp 63525

Did you back into those numbers are did they give you that selling price?

What mf are they charging? I don’t think I have ever seen an LR dealer give buy rate.

i have a chase private client discount code which can go up to 10% of the msrp , which he gave me at 9.8 of the msrp 63525 at 57229.55 ,

So what you’re saying is you backed into those numbers instead of them being the actual sales price they stated?

he mention the going rate from his computer .my calculation on LC was mf .00063 but he never showed me when i ask