Using time as an advantage when leasing

Hello all.

I’m looking to lease a 2020 Q50 Red Sport either next month or December.

Last time I leased was mid December 2017 the number I ended up getting I was happy with.

Car was totaled in April and and have had no car since. I’ve been saving some money up since then for other obligations but now the time has come to lease again. I had a 2018 Red Sport at the time.

As the title states, time is on my side but I am looking to use that time wisely. Would want to lease in November or December.

Last time I used TruCar as a lead source generator for the dealerships to contact me. I believe it helped out as they know they are going up against other dealerships right from the start so they are aggressive.

Should I be reaching out now? Would it be advantageous to reach out next month and tell them “I’m looking to lock in a deal this month (November) or next month”

Any other input would be appreciated. I am in Northern NJ.

Incentives can change every month so why not wait till Dec.

To add: Would it be better for me to try to get a deal in December instead? I hear dealerships at that time try to get as many sales as possible even if they lose out on each deal as Nissan will give the dealership a very large bonus and every car sold adds significantly to that bonus.

You can reach out now to establish contacts and rapport, but reaching a deal without intending to sign in the same month would be a complete waste of time and energy as numbers change from month to month.

Also no dealer is going to take you seriously if you’re not willing to buy soon/immediately.

I can and I’m willing to get a deal in November but that also adds to the question: In the past, have there been better incentives in December? Is December the best month to buy? If so I’m willing to wait but if the difference is not major I would rather get next month.

1 Like

Yes Dec would likely be the best month as dealers are trying to close as many deals as they can before years end.

Have you maintained auto insurance all this time? If not, you’ll probably wind up in a high risk pool for a while due to the gap in coverage in which case you might want to get quotes before committing to anything.

Edit: run-on sentence because reasons

1 Like

When I went to cancel my insurance, the agent told me after 6 months the account would be closed and I would need to start again. She suggested I get this very low tier insurance. Currently paying $29 for that per month. It was $21 but it increased when my policy got renewed and they increased it due to the accident. So yes I’ve had some sort of auto insurance with them since then.