Used BMW Lease Questions

So far I’ve only done new BMW leases, and recently after reading so many great deals with loaners, I’m thinking maybe I should give it a try. I know it needs to be less than 5000 miles, everything else is unknown to me.

1. Used, CPO, demo, loaner - does it matter?
  2. What if it’s an older year model, like 2018? Some are still less than 5000 miles.
  3. Do incentives work the same way as new cars? Such as lease cash, loyalty, OL code, and etc.?
    Thanks a lot in advance.
1 Like

Needs to be a demo/loaner and a 2019 or newer. Lease support on 2018s has ended.

Demo/loaner are the same thing, however CPOs are typically not leasable since they were previously “owned” then went through the certification process. The car can’t be privately titled, so if you aren’t sure look at the CarFax on the website and it’s usually pretty clear if it’s a demo/loaner based on the history.

Most incentives apply to demos but from time to time BMW may offer lower lease cash on a loaner vs new for a specific model. I recall it happened last year on X5s in December.

Technically you can lease a demo/loaner with more than 5K miles, but since factory incentives don’t apply and the mileage penalty is much steeper, you typically need 30%+ off for it to make sense.

Thanks a lot, guys!