Used 2015 F-TYPE S 1-Pay Leasing 24mo/20k $6488 ALL IN

Is this like an open ended lease or something? How is the residual equal to the selling price?

Back when this car was new it was 4 yr/50k, today it’s 5 yr/60k but obviously it’s not retroactive.

He’ll be leasing an out of warranty jag in about 5k miles. Decent after market warranties exist but their costs are astronomical on $100k jags, I was quoted $10k for a 2 year plan on mine.

which dealer is this? I am interested in this type of lease as well.

I’m guessing there’s some kind of CPO warranty on it, but not sure. If he doesn’t have any warranty past the 50k then this is a foolish suicide mission, especially on a high priced car like this

The Jag CPO warranty is a specified component plan like BMW, it’s much worse than the factory warranty and doesn’t include many things.

Still, $6500 for a two year lease on that car is an insanely good deal especially since it looks just like a current year model.

To answer some questions,

1. Warranty is 4yr/50k, still have 5k left. If you know what to do with these remaining warranty, you should have a good chance go thru the 2 years with no problem.
  2. Car is purchase at Jag dealer, leasing thru the bank I chose. Many banks/CUs do used car leasing as long as it make sense. My loan officer do not want me to share the info cuz its a loser deal. LOL
  3. People think too good to be true, totally understand. But hey, their lost is my gain and I’m the one rolling in it~
  4. After 2 years I need to give the car back just like a new car leasing, no tricks, no open end.

To people who has question about how the residual and why the residual, that’s what I been given, I don’t know and I don’t want to know. LOL

1 Like

Hmm so is that an RV sheet your bank provided? I don’t understand how they can assign a hard dollar value to a specific model with no regard for its sales price. With this logic, if I find a 2015 F Type S for $40k vs the bank’s chart, will I make money driving it?

1 Like

probably convince them to do a 1 pay that ends up with them gaining $1?

Great job. You don’t have to share the loan officer info but is it possible you share the banks info (and other banks that do used leases) as well as how you proceed with a lease like this. It will help many.

1 Like

I’m kinda ball-parking numbers here based on whats provided and a few assumptions. But I looked back at the 2015 jaguar f type numbers from October 2014:

2yr/15k - .00005 MF and 58% residual
3yr 15k - .00004 MF and 52% residual

If this car was ~$92k new, that means its residual value was estimated at ~$47,840 at 3 years old, 45k miles.

Lets assume the dealership got the car at residual value and it sat on the lot until now. I’d imagine it wouldn’t be too difficult to knock off another $4700, especially with that high interest rate (which on a normal lease is terrible). Then its just finding a bank that will lease out the car for its 5yr/65k residual value of 43,140 and 0.0024125 money factor.

It really sounds like a combination of good numbers and luck honestly.

OK - I’m subscribed here because I want to figure out how to hack a 3 year old BMW/Audi into a used car lease…

Given how fast those freefall beyond the initial drop it won’t be as good as this jag for sure

1 Like

The bank’s RV or IRL? I wouldn’t be surprised if the Jag’s 4-6yr depreciation exceeded the BMW’s IRL

1 Like

For which models though? You’d probably have to compare this to an m4 or possibly m5

Well if I could swing an M3 or M5 for that kind of $$, I’d certainly be interested. I’m mostly interested in the notion of whether it is possible or not.

My initial analysis shows that there aren’t any banks up in the PNW that do used vehicle leases.

That must be a pretty old sheet because the current residual for that car at ally bank after a 24 month lease is around $32k. So someone messed up big time.

1 Like

My type of deal. Good stuff!

This is… Unicorn!!!

I saw this, too, and am completely baffled. All I can think is it isn’t Ally but whoever it is uses the same publishing tool so it looks the same.

There deal sheet is from April, but that wouldn’t make a huge difference. I still don’t think this is legit.