Unused miles due to less usage

Mercedes gives you -0-

I turned a Bmw lease in last week, it is at the bottom of the lease end return sheet.

2 Likes

I am not talking about in general. Opening up this topic just because of covid situation. So many things are being offered due to covid by financial organizations. Not saying they have to do it. Was just wondering if there is something happening

Just returned another BMW lease and promptly got 300$ for unused mileage

2 Likes

You have to be way under miles to get BMWā€™s $300 credit

Obviously and hopefully covid is an exceptional circumstance leading to many people driving less but in ordinary circumstances getting $300 back would mean the lease cost went up significantly for the consumer on a per-mile basis.

We get .20 cents back for every unused mile for our Mercedes

2 Likes

What third party bank did you lease your MB through that does that?

3 Likes

COVID impacted for sure, but personally for me, I have 2-3 cars in household and sometimes you canā€™t take less miles. I3 for example was minimum 10k, I know in advance that I donā€™t need 10k, but canā€™t take lease with less amount of miles

Through Mercedes Benz Financial Services

Howā€™d you achieve this?? Did you reach out to MBFS before your lease was up? The reason I ask is that I only have 5500 miles on my 30,000 mile lease right now & its almost over.

1 Like

U used 5k miles in 3 years?

My office relocated a mile away from my condo a month after signing my lease. Canā€™t make this stuff up.

1 Like

Can you elaborate? When I called MBFS they said we get nothing for being under miles. Do I need to escalate to get this? Please do elaborate how you managed to get money back!

That is quite unfortunate. You should see what your payoff quote is and get an offer from a third party. You can maybe recoup some of your losses. As for the mileage refund. I usually always purchase additional miles on top of my base mileage allowance which is why I get an option of being paid back .20 cents for any unused miles on top of my base mileage. Hope that clears things up. I did work at the dealership in question where I got my car from and Iā€™m aware that for super high mileage leases (15k+) MBFS does refund you money for mileage you end up not using. Every contract and car is on a case by case basis. For example when I leased my AMG GT back in 2017, it was $1 for each excess mile. Now itā€™s .35 cents for each excess mile on a 2020 AMG GT.

There are worse problems to have.

In retrospect it would have made sense transfer out of it a year or so agoā€¦ likely someone would have paid you to take over a lease with so many miles left.

exactly. I would have transfered it out a long time ago. I donā€™t drive to work anymore but I still on average end up putting 300-400 mi a month for errands and stufff.

You should have moved 40 miles away!

1 Like

Haha! I canā€™t complain, though. Great commute & I love my car.

To add another datapoint: I returned my E300 6 months early (3 month pull ahead, rolled the other 3 into my new lease) and received a check from MB Financial services for a whopping $2.97 which Iā€™ll probably blow on a pack of gum.
Vehicle had 28k miles out of an allotted 36k.

2 Likes