Unlimited mileage lease $275/m

LOL at the RV. Either Hyundai takes a bath or this is not going to lease well. Patience and this deal will materialize. Of course the dealers are going to extract max $$$ out of anything they can. They would charge you $10 for bottled water if they could …

$10 waters :rofl:

i don’t get it…piss off your customers and they will come back? or refer their friends and family? why do some dealers continue to operate this way? i bet mflotron is gonna stay as far from that dealership as possible. being his first post, i bet he came here just to vent a little and let all of us forum know how shady sales people were there.

the ioniq “subscription” is a corporate program too isn’t it? the website makes all kinds of claims including a “haggle free” experience and " dealer pays initial tax, title, license & fees. lessee pays state sales tax on monthly payments." that doesn’t seem to stop the shananigans that’s going on though. @mflotron is never going to get those 4 hours of his life back.

@Superman200 Oh wow, I didn’t ever see that. Not a bad deal, although not enough for what I’m looking for. The range of the Fit EV is only 82 miles.

@zcraze That’s exactly why I came by haha. Although I have been a lurker for about a year now, I figured letting people know about this was enough reason to register, haha.

There’s really no reason for me to ever return to that dealership ever, except to maybe gloat when I get the car at the advertised rate from another dealership! :rofl:

FWIW, I’ve filed a complaint with corporate and the BBB. After being hung up on once by Hyundai CS and then being escalated on a 2nd call, I feel good that the person I spoke with understood what I was complaining about and agreed that the dealership did not conduct themselves in accordance with the marketing.

@vhooloo In a normal financing/lease scenario, I agree that the dealership can charge whatever they’d like, but this is a special program that has very specific terms. There’s no verbiage to the effect of “pricing starts at” or “based on credit rating.” The terms are “if you get approved, you pay X $”. The dealership said I was approved specifically for the Unlimited+ Subscription, but refused to offer me the Unlimited+ Subscription price.

I have been calling various dealers in SoCal area and they are all pulling the same stuff.
They are not honoring the advertised subscription pricing by either saying its a high demand car and there are not many available. Or saying that have dealer add-ons which bring the price up by more than 100 dollars. Sad, because I was really looking forward to purchasing this car (even though I have a model 3 reservation).

Anyone tried looking for this deal in bay area, I have seen very few on the road so far…

i don’t see anything regarding to unlimited mileage on hyundai website, in both DC and SF area.

Link to the Unlimited+ Deal:

https://m.hyundaiusa.com/unlimited-plus

Another website talking about the fine print with regards to maintenance, charging reimbursement, etc:

Drive 90 miles to work, charge, and drive 90 miles home. Plenty of people drive from Modesto to the Bay Area and back again, 5 days a week. 5 days x 48 weeks working/year (including holidays+vacation) x 180 miles/day = 43,200 miles per year, not counting errands and such. With that many miles, I’d probably kill myself. More realistically, we exceeded our Fiat 500e limit and let it mostly sit for the last three months of the lease.

One could just lease two of them, and always have one charging so one of them is always available. You’d be able to rack up a lot more miles on them, especially if you share them with a partner so one is always out on the road (uber, etc.). Not my forte but I love a puzzle!

I did not think about that, people are commuting from Antioch, Brentwood, etc. Toyota Mirai also gives you a lot of miles for longer commutes.

The Mirai and other hydrogen cars have severely limited fueling locations. People would need to fill up every other day. That’s a lot harder than just plugging in.

You should lease share with me…find a 36 month lease 45k mi lease. I will drive the first 18 months and you have the rest…In a normal year I do about 7-8k miles :slight_smile:

Win Hyundai El Monte just pulled that with me today

Added 3,300 to the deal

Wanted around 3,500 down and around 400+ a month

I laughed in their face and walked out calling them out on their bullshit practices

They even said “oh the deal is still on our website?”

Illuminating discussion, thanks to all.I have 55,000 miles on my 32 month old 2015 Spark EV. The 12⁴ should get me there even when it is cold. I have not not made it to work, yet; but, I no longer take the Spark EV up the hill for several cold weeks. I may not want the Hyundai after all. I am putting too many miles on the Volt; but, it will get me there in the cold. I can put 20,000 on a car easy. For both work and personal vehicles. Oh, that’s just sad. The Honda Clarity lease is purported to be no fuss ( can anyone verify this?) $899 down and $199 a month. And with 20,000 miles per year, a contender.
I wonder if I can defrost the windows? I can drive cold, but at that point my breath fogs up the windows.

Let it be, let it be a model three.

I got my ioniq back in Sep 2017 and now have 45k miles on it. I expect to be at 60 by the time September comes by. Ans possibly by 90 by the time I turn it in. To all the skeptics, its possible. I have a 60 mi commute one way. My work has free charging. My situation isn’t average, but boy have I saved a lot of money on gas.

4 Likes

Okay so I have a 2017 Hyundai Ioniq EV Limited, I use to be a sales manager at a Hyundai dealership. First I regularly get 130+ out of my Ioniq. 2nd I commute far and from December 2017 when I purchased the vehicle to December of 2019 I had accumulated 64,718 miles. I’m not including this year (2020) because I have been home since January. I would have easily hit 100k miles had this pandemic not hit. People forget that there are level 3 chargers all around ant can charge your car from 0-80% in about 30 min. I had a charger at work as does my wife so distance is not so much a factor for us. I hope this information helps someone.