How to fix “Invalid OL code”

, ,

New Jersey BMW dealer told me this.
“Unfortunately the OL Codes cannot be used on vehicles in the loaner program.”

shopping for BMW 330 loaner.

thought I check with the experts if this holds true or no. I believe the first 500 of 1000 from OL is BMW manufacturer to dealer contribution and thus should not be denied.

How many miles does the loaner have? Here is some info here: BMW Leasing Wiki.

It has less than 5000, which is required to qualify for incentives

And hasn’t been titled? Well, maybe they just don’t want to apply it then… unusual, but has been experienced by others before

Not sure what type of pre-incentive discount you are getting from the dealer, but not having that additional $500 only increases your payment by about $13 and change/month on a 36 month lease.

Your other option would be to find another dealer that will take your code.

I don’t know why they’re giving you stink. Money is coming from BMW not their pocket/margin.

Talk to their finance guy. They might not give you $1k but $500 is coming from corporate.

thanks, I’m def keeping the pre incentive discount % in mind. if they do me good on that, I will ignore the OL

yes I tried to explain it’s from manufacturer to dealer and they should have no problem with it. It’s from NY event.

They’re wrong.

If it’s the car you want and this is the only thing holding back the deal, the finance mgr / sales mgr should take care of it. Again, it’s not out of their pocket.

You talking to the sales consultant? 9/10 times they’re clueless.

yes the whole talking to sales people from dealers has been painful. They are taking me as a fool. I’m well educated on the deal, current market conditions and what I can realistically ask for. thanks for the advice, I will tell to confirm with their sales/finance manager

OL codes require dealer participation. If the dealership is to participate in giving the $500 contribution from BMW NA then they have to match 500 otherwise it gets kicked back to them at a later time and they eat it. That being said save yourself the trouble. Ask the dealership to up their sales price by $500 and give you the full 1k. You both benefit and no-one loses out :+1:t3:

A diff dealer asked me to provide code beforehand for verification

Is it safe to do so? I believe I had heard code can only be used by owner so no harm in sharing ?

1 Like

Yes you can share, shouldn’t be a problem.

Sometimes it can hurt to know too much about the deal because it baffles them. If they’re giving you a lot of pushback, tell them a monthly payment you want to be at and let them work on it.

2 Likes

Anyone know who I can get help from at BMW, which department (phone number or department name) as my code keeps coming back as invalid and it’s becoming frustrating.

I attended NY event and shopping at NJ dealers.