Understanding XC90 Discounts

So I’m trying to do my research in advance of my lease end to be ready for discussions so looking for some indications on what to expect particularly around dealer discount. Vehicle is 2021 Volvo XC90 Inscription Expression with MSRP between 68500 and 71000 depending on spec.

From what I can gather:
MF will start at .00152 then reduce with the payment of the max MSDs (CT Zip code)
Residual 61%

We qualify for First responder based on my wife’s job, and we have Costco. No Loyalty.

When we checked out the car in person at a dealer the emailed an offer:
2021 Inscription
MSRP $70,675
Lease Bonus $2750
Dealer discount $4236
Costco $1250
First Responder $500

10 MSD @7500 - took MF to .00102
36 Months/10k

$1854 Dealer, Bank fees, registration and First Payment
Monthly $716.02

I guess my question is what’s realistic to expect on discount before they start factoring in all the other incentives?

1 Like

This is the reason we always make sure to break down the pre-incentive discount on shared deals… So one can go through shared deals and start to work out what a reasonable target is. On an XC90, ~10% pre-incentive discount is an aggressive, but usually doable, target. Make sure to confirm buy rate MF and the incentives with Edmunds.

Drop FR, it limits you to 6% (invoice) discount, and try for what @mllcb42 said.

Great input. I had verified the MF/Incentives with Edmunds forum. I’m not sure the dealer I talked to is inclined to deal at that kind of discount but I’d love to find one who is.

Interesting. I hadn’t considered that the FR would restrict the dealer. I figured they’d be perhaps able to discount on top of the FR. Either way, thanks for the suggestion.

How/why is FR/A-plan limiting dealers to invoice? Why can’t they discount below invoice? How are some brokers able to still do A-plan $750 discount?

You need to ask brokers, but they won’t tell you how their dealers do it. Volvo doesn’t allow below invoice selling price on a-plan.
Nor do they allow a-plan on brokered deals, BTW

1 Like

Because that’s what the a-plan rules say.

How a small handful of dealers get around it is yet to be determined.

1 Like