Two vehicles needed a TWOFER

What’s your total monthly budget?

1 Like

Where can you get a brand new GLS for 700 a month?

Correct - I should have said loaner GLS and loaner E300…
2017 Mercedes-Benz GLS450 demo with 5,185 miles
MSRP 79,155
Sell price: 69,000
Residual penalty for demo miles $437
Acquisition fee: $795
Money factor: .00071
AutoPay and 9 MSDs to reduce money factor to .00001
Residual: 56%
$673 payment - $733 with tax

12k 36 month lease

1 Like

Might want to check your attitude at the door, constantly replying to posts with variations of the above.

Speaking of being productive, why don’t you start by answering the multiple questions on what your budget is, plus your tax rate.

18 Likes

Hi there, Loberant helped me get bmw 320xi for $245 and x3 28xi for $345. Both with 0 down, 2 years lease & 10k miles per year. I feel this was a great deal. My older cars were giving up and I leased both of these at the same time on Feb 2017.
So, look around for deals. Sometimes the double lease works as you negotiate together.

Additionally - since some of the sample deals here would require MSD, staggering your lease inceptions would help lessen the out of pocket burden. For example, if you went for the MB deal referenced above you’d probably be looking at writing a $10,000 check at the dealership. I’m not sure if that fits in with whatever OPs definition of a tight budget would be.

Those are old school BMW deals - I would not expect to replicate anything near those with current lease programs.

1 Like

I am actually with her on this.

I see this every now and then with almost every forum I’ve ever been on. Someone asks a question and people start commenting left right and center on everything wrong with the OP instead of just answering the damn question, without judging and without this whole ‘holier than thou’ attitude. I mean this in a very broad sense. Of course there are some immensely helpful people in every forum and not everyone is an a****le.

But I can see why she got irked a little bit there. I am reading through the thread and I saw very few replies, relevant to her actual question and to the point.

She said she is on a tight budget. Maybe 1000 bucks per month can be within the limits of a ‘tight budget’ for some people and 300 per month could be expensive for some others. That’s not her question in the original post.

Agreed, a couple of you asked her for her budget. If she answers, that’ll help others give better suggestions and is clearly, a better way to go about it.

It was tone death to say tight budget and then “only BMW and Mercedes”. I think if the question had been - would like to keep it under $1000 total payment for BMW and Mercedes, there would not have been the heckling…

Kind of like showing up to disaster relief in Manolo Blahniks stilettos. Nothing wrong but comes across as clueless …

3 Likes

You watched too much of “Sex in the City”

2 Likes

huh? :stuck_out_tongue:

Not to be the old guy on a rocking chair on a porch porch telling kids to get off my lawn…but…in my day very tight budget meant a base Honda Civic not a BMW/Audi/Benz. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Everyone’s got their own definition. Around here, people have gotten ridiculous deals on Maseratis! Never in my wildest imagination could I expect that people looking for deals on cars would be leasing something like that. Always just seemed completely unattainable. Many people out there get civics for the price of what people pay for BMWs on this forum, so tight budget can definitely be interpreted differently. I don’t feel like people on here should be attacking @heathercecola for that, but I agree with others that she should provide some additional info if she really wants help. Seems like she may have been scared off already. :frowning:

I don’t think anyone attacked her. People just thought it was funny that someone on a tight budget must have not just 1, but 2 German luxury cars. There’s a yuuge difference between attacking and pointing out the absurd.

1 Like

There were a few people that were a little intense about it :wink: I thought it was weird myself, but I think we should make an effort on this forum to be a little more patient. (myself included)

You are already way too nice

LoL. I wasn’t the nicest when I joined this forum, and I realized it didn’t make for a productive environment. :slight_smile: This forum has helped me and taught me so much that I hate to see new members get scared off when asking questions. I appreciate the compliment though! :slight_smile:

You two get a room already

1 Like

I see you’re a man of tasteful stiletto choice.

1 Like

:joy: