Turo discussion

I rode the bus to work today
My wife took the 392 :lying_face:

2 Likes

Hope you know LAPD is looking for you :eyes:

/s

The actual renter has already been found and LAPD is following up for the H&R and hopefully reckless driving charges.

2 Likes

For real?

Do you want to see all my related text messages from yesterday? :eyes:

I’ll share one from a group text on my first watch:

That poor cat wasted a life on it’s first Model S joyride

3 Likes

They’ll be let out with a gift basket in short order.

Assuming they are a celebrity.

Lindsey Lohan served almost a full hour across a half dozen arrests.

1 Like

So turns out it was a Tesla owned by Enterprise, not rented via Turo.

LAPD Detective Calvin DeHesa told Road & Track the agency has yet to confirm the identity of the driver or the renter, despite online speculation. DeHesa did confirm, however, that the LAPD is currently working with both Tesla and Enterprise, the owner of the car.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a39489122/tesla-jump-crash-viral-video/

1 Like

That makes things easier.

That and the fact the probable driver posted multiple TikTok videos claiming to be the driver. :man_facepalming:

Kids these days don’t know the meaning of right to remain silent.

1 Like

If you use Turo and have an Amex card, check Amex Offers periodically.

I have this offer now:

3 Likes

Anyone on here making money on TURO?

Could we all just get awesome Rubicon 4XE deals and rent em out?

Spend some time reading reddit from turo renters and what renters do to your car. I had the same thought but a few turo renters would wear and tear my jeep up pretty bad. I’m all set with that risk.

Pretty sure all captives forbid any carsharing use of their leased vehicle, but I don’t know CCAP’s take on this specifically.

1 Like

I read a story on reddit of Ally calling in a lease when they caught someone. Contractually it’s forbidden in all of them but that’s the only report of someone called on it.

1 Like

CCAP does not allow leases to be rented out.

1 Like

I have a second Mach-E GT. Any thoughts on putting it on Turo? I see lots of Teslas but not much other EVs. I checked other threads and they were leases so obviously different. The Mach-E is financed (Ford Balloon options loan)

Could work as long as you know who you’re marketing to.

If you’ve never done turo before I would consider starting with something cheap (so you’re not depending on it actually making a profit) and with a useful form factor to get reviews and experience.

2 Likes

Do it if you’re fine with lots of wear/tear and miles as the base case scenario.

But that’s not even close to the worst case. For that you should read the Turo sub on Reddit and any other Turo owner forums you can find.

3 Likes

If I were you, I’d put the Mach-E that’s already been damaged on Turo, not the pristine one.

I don’t doubt you’d get some people who want to try it out for extended test drives. I don’t know if I’d want all those folks driving it.

Did it include public charging credits? I think the biggest challenge would be all the support collateral (“inside are instructions on where and how to charge it while you have it”), which probably wouldn’t keep people from running it dead and calling you.

I see you have been following my history

I just want to put some miles on it and maybe a couple of months in case IRS comes knocking later down the road, that I did not immediately resell the vehicle

No free charging. But I see dozens of Teslas on Turo in norcal, so I am assuming that people should be relatively familiar. However, I do wish I could lock out the unbridled mode and not let people take that risk