Turo discussion

I know this isn’t really related to Tesla purchases (well, the owner of the Model S that used Turo to rent out his car may want to hit the Tesla Discord server for a replacement…)

3 Likes

It was bought before the price hike
Owner should be fine

1 Like

They’ve got insurance. :new_moon_with_face:

Well, hopefully the owner who rented it out on Turo had insurance.

Whooooosh. Just a musing on how folks seem to think regarding consequences for their actions these days…

Hopefully they did though.

1 Like

Insurance covering that after they see the video? :rofl:

all good - the owner can just get a new one FAST via discord… lol

1 Like

The dude who’s car was hit has a go fund me

https://www.gofundme.com/f/new-subaru-fund-a-jumping-tesla-wrecked-mine?utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet&utm_medium=copy_link_all&utm_source=customer

4 Likes

Probably a good idea since I don’t imagine insurance will pay out on this.

1 Like

Wouldn’t Turo have it’s own insurance

https://turo.com/us/en/insurance

There’s probably something that will exclude coverage in those T&C’s

2 Likes

Totally off topic/random rant: I was trying to book a 7-seat SUV for a weekend family trip on Turo. Turo is charging ~100% of the rent charges as “Trip Fees” for more than half of the car I viewed (e.g., $100/day * 3 days = $300 total and then Turo will add another $300 “Trip Fees” at the very last step). Given that, I won’t really count on the insurance they provide.

1 Like

From what I see Turo wouldn’t pay out on the host’s vehicle but there is 3rd party liability coverage which i would assume the Subaru owner should pursue. Who knows maybe it gets totaled out and he can walk with 10k cash, we’re all just shooting at stars though

Just can’t get over the fact these a-holes had a cat with them in the car as well. Supposedly they found a stray cat, brought it inside the car, then decided to go on their joy ride/launch.
Also, how long until the driver says Autopilot caused him to launch the car. LOL

4 Likes

If you read the Turo sub on Reddit you’ll see discussion on how many times they deny even legit claims.

And this wouldn’t even be a legit claim.

5 Likes

Note to self: never rent my car out on Turo.

1 Like

It was me guys
I was rented that model s

You heard it here first :sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

What did you do with the cat?

3 Likes

If you did this because you have the 392 i can understand

2 Likes