Turning lease in (Honda financial)

Howdy team!

So it’s been 3 years now since I got hosed on this lease and happy to be rid of it.

I’m thankful for this site to be a bit more saavy with hopefully my next lease negotiations.

My lease maturity date is in June, I’d realistically would like to turn it in May if possible… Is that even applicable during this pandemic?

I also have not gotten my pre inspection yet, so is it standard to do that now?

You can bring it to a dealership and see if they can buy it out for the buyout + any remaining monthly payments. Then you won’t have to worry about the disposition fee or excess wear-and-tear beyond the $500 allowance that is likely in your contact. Most Honda dealerships will be happy to send out a green-pea on a lease buyout even if you’re not getting anything new; Dealerships love having pre-owned Hondas they can CPO and sell.

Edit: If you were doing a lease return before the end of the contract you’ll still owe the remaining payments. Make sure they buy it out. Right now AHFS is not sending their employees out to a lot of areas due to Covid-19. It may depend on whether you’re in NYC or Upstate (go Syracuse!)

1 Like

Hey man,

Thanks for the insight. Won’t qualify for Cpo, has an accident on its book and too many miles.

I don’t have a problem paying the last two months in rent, just would like to turn it in so I can find a new car. I’m in the NYC/NJ area right now but since covid 19 is getting serious down here I’ll probably be going back upstate for the time being.

Rochester ny area, is where I’ll be… So I’ll contact Honda to see if they’ll conduct an inspection.

Not looking to lease another Honda, thinking about a fart car…possibly mini?

Honda/Acura leases usually have equity in them at the end FYI. Great resale but Honda always is super conservative with the residuals. The counter point to this would be your miles and accident. Plus used car market is diving down on values.

BMW will get a lot more bang for your buck than a Mini IMHO.

Good luck and stay safe.

1 Like

If you lease another Honda that $500 wear and tear allowance now becomes $1000

Also they upped their loyalty to $1000 since this crisis took place so a little more benefit for you.

I brought mine back without a pre inspection, they bought back 3 months of payments and i signed a new deal. I called up Honda financial to send me documents that the previous lease was through and that was it.

What Honda do you have now and which new Honda are you looking at?

It’s a 2017 crv ex, what does wear and tear cover usually? Just dings and paint chips? Car is actually in decent shape so not too worried.

I don’t really see any other Honda that I would like to lease. They’re okay cars but pretty meh

How many miles do you have on it?

54k, lease allows for 45k. 1500 in the hole