Turning in Acura TLX ASpec lease

I am trying to determine if I should stick with Acura or look elsewhere (considering BMW 3 series). If I stay with Acura I will be looking for a new ASpec. Want to keep the down as low as possible and payments with CA tax under $400. Suggestions?

Look through deals posted here and make a decision for yourself. Plenty of shared deals on 3-series, S60, etc

When is your lease up? Given that the new TLX is being released in the fall, if you really like your current generation you might be able to get a very good deal by extending your lease a month or two if you’re able to get the best deal on an old model they want to offload.

The new model is not going to lease well.

My $.02

2 Likes

I am new to the site and have been looking for deals. I am not set on staying with Acura. Just looking for a good lease deal on a similar type vehicle.

I am able to turn the car in to Acura anytime between 7/28 - 1-28/21 (lease is up in January and Acura has already contacted me). It seems that the 2020 ASpec I would want is not easy to find. I am afraid with the new model coming out the lease options will be poor.

That is what I think too and why I am not set on staying with them

As you spend time on this forum you will quickly read that new car inventory across the majority of makes/models is tight. Mfg/dealers have done a nice job managing their inventory positions so that they do not need to aggressively discount their stock. Dealers are negotiating deals to optimize their gross profit per unit and are not chasing volume bogeys. Since you have time, I suggest you consider spending the next few months test driving cars, penciling out good deals for preferred cars, and waiting to see how the market evolves. I would work towards being ready to get into a new car late December. Obviously, move sooner if you see a deal you like. Great deals can be had, but they have gotten harder to find at the moment.

Who contacted you, AFS or an Acura dealer? I highly doubt you can turn it in 6 months early. If AFS has a true pull-ahead, then you might be able to turn it in, but that means you need to get another Acura.

Thank you! That is my plan. I figured it is better to start early and not be left rushing to get into a new car. I appreciate your advice.

It was the dealer. I am in no rush to get out of this lease 6 months earlier than then actual end date, but I figure it is better to start researching early.

I’m sure the dealer is eager to roll in all your remaining payments into a new lease for you though.

3 Likes

With time as your friend you have put yourself in an advantageous position to negotiate a great deal. When the inspiration strikes you I suggest you spend 10-20 minutes looking at broker and dealer deals on this site. You will find several reputable brokers/dealers here for most makes/models. See what they are currently offering to learn which makes/models are in your ballpark. This information will also serve you well when you decide to negotiate your own deal. Search the forum:
Marketplace > California > BMW (Audi/Mercedes/Acura/Lexus/Volvo etc)

Later, as you begin to fine tune your possible options you can search this forum for actual deals/negotiations posted on this site.
Share Deals & Tips > BMW (Audi/Mercedes etc)

Happy Hunting.

There is really no point looking at ads 6 months early. No one knows what the market will look like then.

2 Likes

If your car is up in January there is no point bothering to really look now. In December typically deals are the most aggressive and by then there will be a new TLX out. If you don’t want the new model, there will be plenty of other fish in the sea if you aren’t loyal to Acura. Even if you get a great deal now, Acura is just teasing you to come in early to roll that negative equity into your new payment.

I am just starting out with this forum and want to use my time to make an educated purchase. I am well aware that even though Acura wants me to come now it will only hurt me financially. It is better to start early than be in a rush when it’s time.

My wife’s ILX is due in December. Acura will buy out the last 3 months with no upside down, according to the dealer. The dealer I bought from has also been contacting me and the sales guy tried a bait and switch. He told me he could do $300 and then a manger called and said $380. I told him I am in no hurry and will wait.

That’s fair and using the time to get educated is certainly important, but education vs shopping is important too. I’d just use the time to try and decide if you want a specific car or just the best deal, then look at sheets for deals in your area come November. Usually programs become strongest late in the year especially on models that might be recently refreshed (meaning the old models may have additional cash on them) or loaner inventory. But a good deal is easily erased by rolling in negative equity.

Good luck, the new TLX does look nice, maybe they’ll sell terribly like most sedans and they’ll have to add some good incentives to move them.

That is good to know. I like my car and would get another one, but they are hard to find. Best of luck!

Signed at Jan 2020, 2020 TLX V6 Aspec for 1200das and 389/month(include tax). Socal area.