Tundra Deal Check

We’ve seen similar gladiators for half this. Search up gladiator in the search bar and figure out what you can do. USBANK residuals dropped iirc, and a 1500 extra lease cash voucher expired, so you’re in a pot of bad timing for the gladiator.

Also, I just noticed he gave me the residual for a 36/mo lease which is 69% according to edmunds, so my bad

For sure I’m not looking to pay $500 or even $400 honestly. I’m trying to get down to around $350 here which is looking unlikely for the above reasons:/ but I’d still like to know which of these fees are dumb so I can go into our next communication with some knowledge about that

Read your post, what fees are‘t they charging. Nitrogen, epp, bed liner, whole 9, no 18 yards. What state do you live in, brokers can ship or sell you a tundra sr5 for a ton less.

Ok so they’re all bull then? Lol sorry I sound like a newb but I am. I don’t know if some of these are “required” or not but, from what I understand, they make the bulk of their money on these fees, so that makes sense. I live in Louisiana. I’ve reached out to Derek and Jim. Derek can’t lease out of state and Jim is out of tundras for now.

You’re fine, have you read leasing 101 and the other tutorials on the sight? @Cody_Carter is in AZ / CA , but might be able to help you too on the Toyota front.

1 Like

The dent protection/wheels locks/ nitro are all junk and need to be removed.

24 mo lease is better than 36 mo on us bank for tundra.

2 Likes

Thanks. I had to look up what an epp fee was too. So extra protection on top of other protection. Makes sense🙄.

Thanks for the link HS, I did read it the first day and found it very helpful. For instance I didn’t know what MF stood for before I read it lol

Move on to the next dealer. Don’t waste your time trying to negotiate the terms with them.

1 Like

If you’re inquiring about ones w a lift and tires, those costs are most likely added at the dealer after the fact and will not residualize.

Don’t quote me on that but that is the normal scenario.

Maybe @Cody_Carter can also confirm if it’s any different in CA/AZ with that type of stuff because we don’t do any of that here for leases. It’s all purchases if you buy the decked out stuff w lifts and big wheels and tires. That puts a lot of hurt on the vehicle. It’s also loud and drives like shit, but it looks nice!

My man @Denalist has a SICK Gladiator Rubi that he did up so nice and was one of the first to have one. Sorry man…just want pics :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do your research and make them an offer of $X per month with $Y DAS

It doesn’t matter to you how they allocate line items like doc, etc

1 Like

Looks like MF went up .0040 across the board from April to May, the dealer just sent me a rate sheet. Sucks. I found an overland with an “employee price” And after rebates it would be around 39500. But, of course, the employee pricing is for finance only apparently. I suppose it doesn’t matter bc even with employee pricing the payment is too much.

EPP, Lifetime Nitro Fill, Wheel Lock are all fluff. The Documentation fee is also 100% “profit” but every dealer charges it and they will not take it off.

He ended up taking all that junk off on his latest offer, so that’s good at least. But yea, just not feasible.

The same one everyone is looking at Crewmax 4WD

MSRP: 50500
Discount: 46949 (7%)
Rebate: 5000
“Upfront cost”: 435
First month due at signing: 444

Total DAS: 879

Of course my calculator numbers aren’t matching up with what they showed me. Their $444 monthly is $30 more than what the calc says with the exact same numbers. This is through TFS, apparently the .00265 MF doesn’t move at all. The new car sales manager and the finance person said they’ve never heard of MSDs before. They also said they signed up with Ally a few months ago but haven’t used them yet. Apparently the finance person tried calling them three times. They couldn’t get anyone on the phone while I was there?? I’m being given the run around. I’m well aware, and now I’m sort of pissed. When I brought up the idea in the first half hour that Ally may have a higher RV the sales manager left to go “check” and came back to say that Ally’s RV for the trim is around 45%. I literally laughed at him. Ugh, really lives up to the car salesman trope. Anyway I’m a healthcare worker so I went right after work in my scrubs and I’m a female so…anyway.

I don’t like the 444, tbh. I know these $200-250 deals aren’t really feasible now and honestly I was looking to be at around $350 a month all in—no MSDs if I didn’t have to. Being $100 over kind of sucks. I ended up just telling them to make it happen if they could and that I knew I was asking them to squeeze blood from a turnip, but I believe there’s juice left (lol). Apparently they’re going to try Ally again tomorrow and learn more about MSDs??? Then call me. I told them I’m ready to sign if they can get their shit together (in a nicer way of course). This is one of two Toyota dealerships in town. We can’t do out of state leases due to workplace restrictions and calling around this great Cajun state has yielded even dimmer prospects. Wish me luck, guys…I’m going to need it.

The RV and MF are where this falls apart. US Bank has the best RV and their MF is like half that. SR5 right?

1 Like

Yep SR5. They don’t work with US Bank apparently. They can barely find the 800 number for Ally.

Find another dealer

2 Likes

I would check @Jrouleau426 page for tundras that he lists sporadically. He got me same msrp for $274 monthly all in $0 DAS. Granted I gotta ship it but even then it’s way cheaper than your deal.

Yea I’m seriously considering him. I’ve actually texted him a couple of times and he’s been very forthcoming and informative. The thought of shipping 1400 miles gives me pause, but if I can’t get someone to play ball down here, then I am 100% going with a broker