Trying to lease a Jeep - horror

I didnt have luck applying the Jeep OL code or US News $500. Said would not work with model. T&C said otherwise.

Not sure about SoCal, but in the Northeast, programs are great. My dad just signed a 2 row GC last night and got $8,500 in rebates (plus the dealer beat the CarMax offer on his current Jeep lease)

Based on broker deals, I’m not saying anywhere close to the same deals. It may be the dealer discounting that fell off since dealer cash or year end volume bonus is over now.

Money factor & RV are merely some of the many levers.

And what was the net deal and how did it compare to the December broker deals we saw here?

Discounting is obviously the reason why. If you are referring to ALN’s 12-14% off deals, yes nothing has yet to touch those for January.

The net deal I believe was as strong or stronger than the deals here - once you added in broker fees and shipping, the effective payment on them crept higher and higher. I’m not in any way knocking those deals, but this dealership was 20 min away and super easy to work with

Plus - since it was a Jeep dealer buying his Jeep, they waived the CCAP buyout fee.

I don’t have the contract in front of me, but the MSRP is 46,375 and monthly is $477 with $477 DAS for 39/12k. Plus a check written for $2,550 for the equity on his trade. No affiliate either. Once I see the contract I can make a full post.

2 Likes

What is this code? how do you get it.

It pops up randomly on the jeep site

$7500 credit is back for 2023. Pick a broker, custom order, you will get it in 1 month. Dont waste your time dealing directly with dealership. Exception is Gupton.

5 Likes

As others have said probably just use a broker at this point. Took me calling over 20 dealers to find one willing to play ball on a aged unit (pre some of the later 2022 price bumps). Majority of them wouldn’t come down too much even though they had in some cases 30+ altitude/Laredo trim GCLs in stock. Ended up signing on a service loaner with some miles for 24/10 using Ally program.

1 Like

LOL this is so funny, based on the reviews this sounds like HB Jeep, ask him to give you a hand job and tell him it’s good to have a relationship with potential buyers

3 Likes

Haha. It wasnt HB Jeep. But a socal dealer.

Just got a text reply.

MSRP $51,405
Dealer Cost $50,131

Not even responding.

The best I could do in Jersey was $540/month in a $52k Altitude L with $0 DAS.

$2300 discount off MSRP couldn’t get any more.

I have probably contacted about every dealer in california… none are willing to budge and each one has a higher payment from the next. The original post about a ~$400 payment just doesnt seem possible on the west coast. My favorite was the quote on a Cherokee L 4x4 for $1,100/month with $2500 down on a 24/10 lease.

You’re probably flagged as a tire kicker in CRM at this point. I totally understand model flexibility for the deal, it presents to them as less serious.

Maybe you are taking advise (besides hire an f’ing broker) about presenting them with a deal to say yes/no to, but

Leaves me suspicious.

Totally understand the frustration, but it also sounds like you’re poisoning the well.

2 Likes

Once you learn to be loyal to anything, this will be easy, kid.

People ain’t loyal these days. Hookup culture

I mean I would ask for a reasonable discount from msrp and they just come back with using rebates in place of a discount and that’s when I walk away… I wish I was flagged as a tire kicker - I am still getting emails from dealers I already said bye to :slight_smile:

“Loyal to anything” - try to see bigger picture.

1 Like