Trying to get out of a 2020 XC60 Volvo Lease (that ends 02/2023) in Los Angeles

3 Likes

In a consumer-friendly state like CA, the lessor might be obligated to send any positive equity back to the lessee. In today’s market it might bring some.

Where did you come up with that? Just make it up?

Are you moving out of the country permanently? I will take over your Volvo lease. I DM’d you.

Volvo doesn’t do lease transfers.

1 Like

How much are you paying? Why not post on Swapalease or similar sites?

Volvo doesn’t allow lease transfers

3 Likes

Oh wow. Even personal ones, not just 3rd party buyouts? That’s rough.

Since you’re in California, you can avoid the tax. So just buy it out and sell it to CarMax, Carvana or whoever the highest bidder is.

Lots of brands don’t allow lease transfers. It’s probably a shorter list of who does than who doesn’t.

1 Like

Introducing the vhooloo lease transfer program. Works for all brands but lessor must be moving out of country. It is called a diplomatic exception to the lease (for diplomats and military and the like). Proof of relocation needed such as job letter from overseas, passport surrender, visa termination etc etc. I DMed OP. The rest of the gallery make sure popcorn is warm…

I guess this is not hard to get. Will this really work just showing that letter?

:popcorn: at the ready

Just ignore him.

1 Like

Why, you planning to look for a job in Afghanistan? I can get you out of your lease …

Would it be just private lease transfer or selling to 3rd party dealer is allowed too?
I am considering moving to Europe in near future and i have EU passport.

selling. But if you know you are moving ahead of time, please do not enter a lease that you know you won’t be able to meet.

1 Like

After speaking to several people at VCFS, including a manager that was very nice, they are getting me out of my lease for a $1000 fee (which more or less what the price difference is between Carmax and my buyout) so I am very happy.

5 Likes

Not bad at all considering there is $350 disposition fee anyway at lease end.

Please post the gist of the conversation and process so that @max_g understands that getting out of lease due to overseas is real … And he is the one who should be ignored…