Trying to get out of a 2020 XC60 Volvo Lease (that ends 02/2023) in Los Angeles

There’s been a couple people here that have posted recently that they did so and it was basically a $0 cost option. Now, that may be state dependent, as some states seem to have laws on the books that the most you can end up paying is the delta between your payoff and the auction value, and with auction prices being high, there’s no delta to speak of.

1 Like

That post gave me hope. I don’t even mind paying some amount within reason.

I still haven’t told VCFS that I want to terminate my lease - only that I want to buy it (per recommendation from my dealer). Since VCFS said pay it full or find a bank I went back to my dealer and the person I am dealing with is speaking to the manager to see what magic they can do.

Your dealer may be able to facilitate you buying out the lease with them providing the financing. Expect them to charge for that service.

You certainly can ask VCFS what the early termination cost would be so you can make an informed decision.

1 Like

If there is equity in the car with the Carmax quote then go to any bank and get a loan. Watch out for sales tax.

Not sure what you need help with but she laid out your options unless she does not know about others like early termination . Do you have questions about how to finance your buy out? Any bank / credit union should be able to facilitate a used car loan depending on your credit situation. If you have money, you can also buy it out with your own funds and sell it to any other third party buyer. Like @Firstkill said, make sure your buyout quote from Volvo has everything inclusive. The elephant in the room is the sales tax and there are ways to legally avoid it in California but I feel too lazy to explain at the moment.

3 Likes

In a consumer-friendly state like CA, the lessor might be obligated to send any positive equity back to the lessee. In today’s market it might bring some.

Where did you come up with that? Just make it up?

Are you moving out of the country permanently? I will take over your Volvo lease. I DM’d you.

Volvo doesn’t do lease transfers.

1 Like

How much are you paying? Why not post on Swapalease or similar sites?

Volvo doesn’t allow lease transfers

3 Likes

Oh wow. Even personal ones, not just 3rd party buyouts? That’s rough.

Since you’re in California, you can avoid the tax. So just buy it out and sell it to CarMax, Carvana or whoever the highest bidder is.

Lots of brands don’t allow lease transfers. It’s probably a shorter list of who does than who doesn’t.

1 Like

Introducing the vhooloo lease transfer program. Works for all brands but lessor must be moving out of country. It is called a diplomatic exception to the lease (for diplomats and military and the like). Proof of relocation needed such as job letter from overseas, passport surrender, visa termination etc etc. I DMed OP. The rest of the gallery make sure popcorn is warm…

I guess this is not hard to get. Will this really work just showing that letter?

:popcorn: at the ready

Just ignore him.

1 Like

Why, you planning to look for a job in Afghanistan? I can get you out of your lease …