Traverse 2LT Funny numbers

I’m working on a deal for Traverse 2LT. 24m/12K

Mrsp: $44240
Sale price: $36981
Rebates $6900
MF .00207
RV 64%

I’m in PA with 17236 zip. I don’t think rebates are taxed.

I’m getting $149 month on the calculator with $596 drive off.

They are quoting $276 month with zero down.

Weirdest part is they told me car wasn’t on a bonus tag so I thought there should only be $5400 in rebates. Plus I researched the MF to being .00107.

Trying to get them to send me the lease work sheet so I can see their numbers.

I know $276 is sweet for a $44K car, but think I should be under a $200 a month with that sale price.

What do you think?

Did you get any clarity from the dealer on the discrepancy? I assume the sales price above includes the rebates. Can you break down the rebates? I agree $276 seems like a good deal for the car - but getting it for less would be really nice.

I did not get clarity, the car sold. I’ve not been quoted anything close since. Keep working, the end (of the month) is nigh!:hourglass:

I am willing to bet that their “sale” price was reflective of the incentives and not a reduction in sales price PLUS the incentives like you believed.

Turns out the car hasn’t sold. I have clarification on the numbers. Everyone around here is giving me $6900 in rebates for the traverse including the 3K conquest. He is elevating the money factor to .00207 to make some money on the back end. I told him if he lowers the MF back to .00107 I’d by the car. I told him I realized nobody was getting rich off the deal but if they need to hit their volume I’d by the car by the end of the month. I think that upset him as he said “I doubt you are going to find a better deal then this anywhere. I am loosing almost $3,500 on the Traverse to try to make a deal. The few hundred dollars we get back from GM for the financing does not put a dent into the loss. We have already been told the $3,000 incentive is going away at the end of this month. I have never seen a Traverse Lease this low with only $1,000 down. I hope you will reconsider taking advantage of this great offer.” I’m going to wait it out.

Check the build date on the traverse and remind him that if he were loosing that much money, he wouldn’t be selling it.

I get $295 per month 0 down using VA typical taxes and fees and their MF of .00207. I added $1,248 of tax, 399 doc fee, 595 lease fee, and 61 of license.

Their offer of $276 includes tax?

I get $235 per month 0 down using mf of .00107.

Try to at least meet in the middle on the mf and you’d be right around $250 per month. Their discount and offer seems pretty fair to me.

1 Like

It’s PA tax, no tax on incentives. So the $276 is all in. I know its not a bad deal but if he will sell the car for $36981 cash like he claims, then he can do the regular money factor for no loss. I think if you tried to pay cash he would say the $36981 is only if you use his financing and its $1000 more if you use your own. I’ve heard that at several places around here.

hes right. is the best deal you can get not good enough? when you have the best deal possible in mind… Your giving up a great deal at the possibility of better. I’d take the deal if I were you and I sell chevy’s…

I was happy paying $250/month 0 down for a $31K Buick Encore last Christmas, so you know what I would do!

@ChevyPhil Thanks for the input. I’m trying to get someone down to $250/month. I know he’s super low with his %off MSRP and the car isn’t on a bonus tag. But I think I should be able to get the same car at another dealer that is on a bonus tag for less. which is what i’m trying to do.

when you buy a coke or a hot dog your ok with the markup if it’s a good price compared to other hot dogs right? lol. So why can’t a dealership make a little profit if your still getting the best price around?
Why do they have to give you the lowest MF and loose more money on the deal?
He will still sell the car and your the only one who misses out. just think about it before you let it go. Maybe have him adjust the mf and the sales price to be more transparent and keep the payment the same.

lol yea me too! its a good deal, just a little deceptive with the sales price and mf

I know it’s a good deal. But isn’t the point of this forum to get great deals. I don’t care if a dealer looses a little. This is business, it’s not personal Sonny.

You broke my heart

You are right about the point. But wrong about the cost, IMO. Some don’t mind burning bridges and leaving scorched earth, but I don’t think it’s a smart thing to do for a few dollars.

The point of this forum is to not get ripped off and understand how leases work. Obviously, it is not your job to make a profit for the dealer. Your comment about “this is a business, not personal” might be valid if you are negotiating a multi-million deal affecting hundreds of people but might not be the best attitude and strategy for a couple of dollars.

I think there are deals of the century, deals of the decade, deals of the year, deals of the month. If you are waiting for the deal of the century, then you have to wait.

2 Likes

I love the input. So i should take the deal. Good to know. Just seems to go against some of what I’ve read on here. This is his advertised price. I didn’t even haggle to get it.

This is America! (Posting while in Europe currently), if you don’t like his pricing and I doubt they will move much, find another dealer and do it quick, end of the month is lurking.

Many here have simply taken advantage of the online discount the dealer advertises, then stack all the incentives on top of that.

About 3 weeks ago I leased a Traverse for $251 per month / 15k / 24 mo. / low money factor / zero down/drive off / 34k msrp … Keep hunting… Heck, wait until the last day of March to make your deal. You may find that dealer desperately needing to sell one more unit to hit a GM dealership incentive. Good luck!