Trade-in when lease

I’m going to the dealer tomorrow to take a look over at number and possibly decide to lease on spot. Also I wanted to trade in my car as well. Should I trade in my car as cap cost reduction or can i trade it in as cash to pay for lease amount? First time leasing.
Thanks

It depends on the brand of your old car and the offer provided by the dealer. For example, with Audi, I remember they have policies to discourage third-party lease buyouts, reflected in the buyout price offered to third parties being slightly higher than what you might see. At this point, If you’re sticking with the same brand for your next car, it might be better to trade directly with the dealer.
However, generally, I recommend starting with various online appraisal websites to get an estimate, giving yourself an idea of your car’s value. Then, sell to the highest or use the highest offer to negotiate with the dealer where you’re leasing your new car. Regardless of which route you choose, conducting prior research on market prices is highly recommended .

1 Like

Please don’t.

2 Likes

This is how you light thousands of dollars on fire.

Do not go into the dealer to talk numbers. Going to the dealer is for taking delivery after you already have an agreed on deal.

2 Likes

Check the value of your car.

Visit the marketplace to find best deal on your next car.

Don’t go to the dealership.

1 Like