Trade In upside down jeep for a lease

Now that 0 and 0.9% APR are coming back (Hyundai for example) that could be a consideration instead of a refi when you’re ready to be approved.

If you have enough cash to get down the LTV below the lender’s limits.

Definitely not worth it. 18 years in the navy, not going to jeopardize my career

1 Like

In FL? LoL

gator off ramp ok?

2 Likes

Drive into the Gulf after seeing a large bird :rofl::rofl:

If I understand correctly, you’re $15k upside down based on one dealer in Florida? If that is the case, you need to do a little more work. The gaps between cash ibuyers can be substantial, so start there. Check to see if you can narrow it down to like $8-$10k. If you sell it privately, you def can narrow that gap, prob even more. Sure it requires work, but money isn’t free.

Good luck!

Hello,
Currently in Florida, Is there any manufacturers you recommend into getting into a good lease deal to roll in some negative equity (10K) Currently monthly payment is $800. Willing to pay the same and may move up to $1K for the remaining 24-36 month lease. Just looking to get out of my Jeep Wrangler. I made a bad purchase last year. Thanks in advance.

How/s your Credit first off, but BMWs really like rolling neg equity

1 Like

This probably will require some sort of out of pocket cash to offset the negative equity bit look at any of the phev available now.

Credit is fair 675. Just closed on a home last month.

675 isn’t fair

You are going to have a lot of trouble to convince a bank to give you $10k neg equity.

1 Like

Without coming out of pocket, youre going to probably need to go into a phev/ev with the ev credit.

Keep in mind that in the days of higher money factors and taxing your negative equity, this plan will turn you 10k into 12k easily.

Expect your negative equity to be $325-350/mo by itself on a 36 month lease.

2 Likes

I’m ok with the higher payment for the next 3 years and walking away clear. Any particular phev/ev brand you recommend.

23, not 24, wrangler 4xe wouldnt be the worst option, although jeep isnt passing on nearly as much in incentives to FL as other regions.

Curious how you got that much neggy eggy in 1 year. Can you tell us more about exactly what you bought, new/used, interest rate, down payment, any and all details

I bought 22 Jeep Wrangler, trading in my Tundra. It was a dumb move that I regret. My interest rate is 6%. I only put down 1K

What is so terrible about the Jeep that makes you so willing to make another bad financial decision? I had a 2021 wrangler rubicon for 2 years and mostly enjoyed it. Only real complaint was highway road noise.

Missing the truck

I get it, but looking at the big picture, it just seems like a bad move. You have a relatively new and working Jeep under warranty. Your credit score is average at best and you mention you are going through a divorce, which is likely costing you some money.

The more I look in this portion of LH, the more I realize there are just people looking for justification from strangers to make a bad financial move. At the end of the day, if you miss the truck that bad and know it’s gonna cost money to get back into it, just go for it. Most people on a website like this won’t advocate for bad car buying/leasing decisions. Hence the name of the website. Cheers.

2 Likes

If you’re rolling this negative equity into something, it’s most likely a phev/ev, not a truck, so that feeling of missing the truck doesn’t go away by making another bad financial decision.

1 Like