Toyota Tacoma in Utah

Went to a dealership in Utah and they wanted 429 a month for 36 months with 12k and zero down for a TRD Sport. Told me that they don’t do MSDs.

Money factor of 6%.
MSRP is 39,182
Sales Price is 34,611
Residual is 72%

I’m getting 300 on the calculator and they are up around 129 dollars over that. What am I missing?

Post your calculator for us to see.

What MF are they actually using?

MF of .0025

What does Edmunds say the MF should be?

Are they leasing through Toyota or through a 3rd party?

.0025 is probably standard rate + encore.

1 Like

Through TFS

What’s encore?

If you have previous TFS history it’s a slight reduction. National standard rate is .0026 - encore .00001 = .0025

Select Make=Toyota in the calc and it will auto populate standard fees. Why won’t they do MSD? Did you consider OnePay?

I don’t have the cash for one pay, as for the calculator I’m still off by around 160 dollars.
When I went into the dealership, I asked them to explain to me the numbers and they stated the difference between selling price with fees taxes etc minus the RV was around 10k. Then they multiplied 10k difference by 1.6 and got 16000 to show me my interest. Then they divided 16000 by 36 and got those monthly numbers.

I just sat there and was like WTF is this math.

If they won’t do MSD’s then look elsewhere. Verify the MF and RV for 24/36 12k on Edmunds for your zip code. My RV was 83% in May…

Doesn’t surprise me they don’t know how to do MSDs they also look puzzled when u ask to see there lease worksheet. Car leasing in general here in this state blows.

100% agree. Leasing in Utah is tough go.

It’s even more difficult to get hammered as well.

1 Like