Toyota leasing overage

I signed a lease on a Toyota Rav4 a couple of days ago. I am now realizing that I should’ve done more miles on the lease (10,000/36 months currently) due to the fact my commute may be changing (literally found out randomly the day after i signed the lease SMH). So I’m wondering this; will Toyota work with me when you turn in your lease with higher mileage? (eg; trading it in for another lease etc.) or can I add more mileage to the lease? Granted my mileage overage amount is only 0.15 a mile, but i’d rather not owe the $2500 at the end of the lease.

I’m new to this and feel embarrassed that i was dumb enough to select the least amount of mileage. Anyways any insight would help.

Call the Finance guy at the dealer…if it hasn’t been submitted for funding yet then the dealer may re-do it. Obviously it drops the RV which increases your price, make sure all other numbers are as they should be.

1 Like

Put everything into the LH calculator so you know exactly how much the payment should change if the lease can be redone.

If not, it will be a smaller net bill at the end than the $2,500 you’re thinking. It’s $X per month more now vs $2,250 + tax assuming you actually use all 15,000 extra miles.

Toyota will only work with you when you trade in the vehicle, not returning it.

oh good, yes my plan is to lease another Toyota after this ones up anyhow.

hmmm yeah, you make good points. i’m weary going back to readjust just because i got a pretty good deal on. so i’m wondering if it’d just be easier to just keep it as is especially since i plan to re-lease a different toyota when this ones up so maybe they’ll work with me if i do go over.

oh bummmmer i think it’s already been submitted because i have an account with TFS as of yesterday with the balance etc. Oh well, hopefully they’ll work with me when I trade it in for the next lease :man_shrugging:t5:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.