Toyota Lease buyout in Mississippi

Be sure to specify your location when asking for input on a deal! Tagging by state (e.g. CA, NJ, NY, usa-nationwide) is mandatory.

Please tag if your question involves to a specialized topic (e.g. tax, legal, shipping etc.). You will reach experts faster that way. View all tags at FORUM | LEASEHACKR.

If you asked for a deal check, circle back after you have signed a deal – the community always loves to hear back! Submit your deal to SIGNED! (https://share.leasehackr.com).

Hello everyone,
I am helping a family member lease buyout their Toyota lease in Mississippi however the dealership is saying we do not allow outside financing(charging 13% interest).
My question is there a way to buy it out without going thru this dealership or bite the bullet and refinance it after the transaction. Thanks in advance for the help

Have you logged into the account and checked for payoff instructions?

Yes and it was directed Toyota financials and they told that the dealership will be reaching out for buyout options. It seems like Toyota send the information to the dealer. I am not sure if this applies to Mississippi or this is usually the case for toyota buyout.

I am sure the stealership is trying to pull a fast one on you, but if this is some weird law in Mississippi, get a personal loan and write a check to pay off the car. The rate has to be less than 13%

Did you try other Toyota dealers?

Call or email Toyota Financial for instructions to pay off the balance directly, ie send them a check or wire.

Then have your bank or CU send them a check.

1 Like

Is the lease thru Southeast Toyota Financial. ( SETF )or Toyota Financial Services?

If you still run into a wall, you can always re-fi at a credit union or local bank a month or so later.

1 Like

No we haven’t however that may be a way to go.

I will ask them to try again and see if they can speak to the live person however i have a lexus lease thru Toyota financial and I tried the process of buying out online after giving the buyout amount l, it was directing me to one of the local Toyota dealership to complete a credit application.

I will confirm the lease company. Thanks for the feedback