Toyota Highlander limited 4k discount

I am getting offer to buy a Toyota Highlander 2021 brand new limited edition at 4k discount.

It’s msrp is 50k and I can buy for 46k + taxes and registration

I don’t need the highlander yet but I know I will need in 1-2 years .

Also shamelessly asking good to flip it I get this deal?

Good call to buy ??

MSRP is definitely not 50k on Limited. It’s more like 46k without SB package and 48k with SB package.
50k is more of a Platinum.

@Cody_Carter @HersheySweet @Jrouleau426

2 Likes

That is a steal.

1 Like

I guess i shall buy it and try to flip in 1-2 months or years. Should be breakeven or little ahead.

Why not lease it to minimize the tax liability?

Lease rough numbers are 2000 down and 600 per month , haven’t asked detailed breakdown… I am getting 1.78 APR loan for 6 years the monthly pmt is 750 and most probably easier to flip if i don’t like the car or market remain like this in 6month -1 year. Easier to flip on buying then lease.

1 Like

Just keep in mind that you’ll be starting behind a good $4000 due to the taxes. How many months of payments with the higher rent charge will it take to break even on the thousands in taxes?

1 Like

I know the breakeven calculation. Can go lot deeper but right now buiying is making sense if i want to flip it fast.

I have been summoned.

How so, rent charge less than sales tax, lease. Rent charge higher than sales tax, buy. Define ‘fast’ for us, that is what makes / breaks. But at 4k off, damn take that, is there a trade involved, or any dealer additions?

I pick you

1 Like

Here is detailed breakdown i got

MSRP :50000
Selling Price:45000 (Yes 5k off now)
residual : 332562
Money factor: 0.00265

36/10k is around : 616.37 with 1500 drive off…

Buy the car with 1.9 with taxes paid is around 706 for 72 months.

MF in LA region is .002

Even then i come around 590 a month.

If you’re looking to flip thus, who cares what the monthly payment is? What’s the total cost of ownership for the period you’re planning on holding it?

2 Likes

Max 6 months if i dont like the car.

So if i am understanding right. Lease the car and when flip it buy the car and sell to dealer/3rd party and you will be refunded the taxes you pay if you sell within 10 days. Is that the core of the logic?

Am I a Pokémon now lol.

Yikes that mf. It’s like 6.36% interest. But if you’re looking to flip it within 6 months, just lease it, and if you like it, buy the lease out at a lower rate (can’t say what it’ll be, but less than the interest on the lease), and own it.

Don’t even need to buy it first if it’s through tfs

1 Like

Alright talking to dealer to bring money favtor to 0.002 then let’s see.