Toyota Highlander Leased car sale with 6 months out due to Moving - Looking for tips

Finding a decent deal in FL is possible, but it’ll take some effort. Also, FL is not a small state so you’ll need to consider the logistics of finding another car there.

As @Jon said, Vroom doesn’t buy leases anymore, so you’ll want to do more research as to what your options are.

Thanks all. Good to know about Vroom. They offered the highest 36,523 and the carvana offer was 2K less 34,550. However, If I had to pay taxes, carvana might be easier and hassle free. Can anyone who had done this recently share their experience with carvana? I always think they will come and find something and reduce the price?. Also, do they handle all the title and fees as they take option to feed in payoff amount and show a final balance directly as check payment.

On a side note, the payoff does not consume security deposit. It’s refunded after payoff. So this makes it even sweeter.

@Jon Security deposit mentioned is accurate per their web site and their CSR.

Can you take a screenshot showing the MSD amount ?

@Jon Pls see above

I just looked at your original deal where you listed it was $3375, which makes sense (9 x $375). Not sure why it changed or is listed as $3231 on your account now.

Thanks @Jon… I even forgot about my original post. I also wonder why I paid 375 instead of 359? Hmmm. Let me check my contract then… I do not want to get less than what I paid :slight_smile:

Any idea on the carvana? Do they normally offer close to what they quote and if they take care of title and transfer fees?

I’ve sold two vehicles to carvana. They’ve never changed their offer and you don’t have to do anything regarding title transfer.

1 Like

MSDs for TFS rounds your monthly to the next $25.

If you sell to Carvana, they will give you a check and take care of everything. Pretty simple.

@mllcb42 Thanks. Did you have to deep cleaning or anything to give it to them? How long the process takes after we take the offer? I have it in decent condition but moving in a week and wondering if I have to go through all the hassle. TIA. Great news to hear…

I might have driven one through a car wash the week before they came.

You’re overthinking this.

They show up, spend 5 minutes taking a couple pictures, hand you the check, and leave.

1 Like

Wow. Thanks.
I also checked in Shift and they offer 39K and above. But their process seems to be complicated. I have to drive 2 hrs to do final estimate and then they will do a full inspection which may take 2 days and then only send payment. Anyone has experience with them. May be should just go with Carvana as their process pretty simple and guaranteed.

There are also automation and carmax dealers in Reno. It might be worth it to check what they offer.

Thanks. Good point. 2 years ago, I took my car to carmax and they were low balling but this is a new car. So it might still be worth checking out… As they are local and may be able to get on the spot offer too.

You can also get a price by just going to carmax.com

@mllcb42 They show 41000 LOL :slight_smile: I will drive by and check if they stand by their offer… This is crazy.

They also have been giving some pretty high offers lately. If it’s local it’s worth checking out. You’ll have to let us know what they offer.

Sure, I am out of town now and I can ask my wife to see if she can drive by and confirm the offer with them. Or Ill do it early next week as I only have few days. I hope they take care of all the lease related paperwork from their side like Carvana.

They should. I sold to autonation and it was fairly easy. Walk in with the car, walk out with a check.

Thanks all. I called my dealer and told about this and checking to see if there would be any issues and they were like send us the offer and we will match it. I did and they are ready to offer 41250 now. Crazy! I have to drive down there when I am back and do this. Looks like this is real! I will keep you all posted on how this goes.

1 Like