Too good to be true? Volvo XC90

I will but glad to know this is a place where GTFOH is acceptable.

3 Likes

OP was supposed to go sign the papers this morning…lets see how it went.

His trade pretty much puts big question mark next to any discount.

5 Likes

Of all people brokers should know there’s no point discussing discounts in isolation. First off, the add-ons are quite certainly going to be non-negotiable so the actual discount is well south of the 15% you are quoting.

Second, what is the buyrate in @Chosen010’s zip and what MF is he getting? How can anyone call a discount anything without knowing what MF it’s attached to?

Third, the trade has wiped out most of the tax. There’s only $1,355 in tax in this quote. Really weird to compare (A) post-tax monthy payments as if they are comparable, and (B) to compare it to states that have 8.875% tax

2 Likes

I’m waiting to go back into the finance/business office… Thus far everything has appeared as discussed… spent 30 minutes on hold with Acura to get confirmation of payoff then they hung up on us. That put us behind a bit. 90 min at the dealership so far. Possibly going to be late for a 12:30 presentation depending on how long I’m in the finance office.

I’ll post formal outcome of the deal once I have signed paperwork. Haven’t seen anything to reflect MF or anything else as of yet. Just basically signed and initialed deal sheets similar to what I’d shared in OP.

2 Likes

Are you at Autobahn Volvo, can’t see Park Place or Crest doing this deal.

Is this even legal?? That’s almost textbook price fixing.

How? I deal with this stuff day in and day out and some dealers quite simply prefer not to entertain clientele that deprives them of profit intent.

And they’re totally within their right to do so, people will go where their money is valued.

1 Like

One of my all time favorite dealer responses…

4 Likes

As always max, you are 100% accurate. Not going to argue on that, or with a 2am comment I made.

However, I broke the deal down for myself. The discount even after stupid ass adds and mf jack, it’s still really solid, even after trade that they can flip most likely (if he’s done his due diligence) , credit, and adds. This is great pricing on a XC90, in NorCal I’m not beating anything like this.

More of this Texas price fixing bs, second time it’s made LH. Dealers can talk to each other, so can brokers.

Like the sales manager said, it’s stupid to shop, I will never ever tell someone not to do so, but the offer he’s received is awesome in this market. If I have to redact my comment I will do so, but this is an awesome deal.

3 Likes

May not be that good if you remove trade (say 3%) and add-ons (2.5%) and use buy rate (1-1.5%) - then you are at 8.4% and the deal is suddenly just an OK.

He stated carvana offered 27k so at least on the surface the trade is at the very least a wash.

Maybe, or maybe not. Too many unknowns to say it’s an awesome deal or great discount.

I meant the part that the Austin dealer calling the DFW dealer to complain its selling price. Granted, they haven’t joined together to “fix the price” yet but this is quite a questionable move

1 Like

We’ve seen wild multi-thousand dollar swings across offers from all the usual suspects. One offer means very little in isolation

1 Like

Fair point. Op is so concerned with getting shafted by the dealer but isn’t clear on the value of his trade? Anyways I’m supposed to be ignoring this post so I’ll shut up now. Tell me when it’s over so I can see if the dealer ends up sticking it to him for shopping their quote.

1 Like

10 posts were split to a new topic: Signed: 2021 Volvo XC90 Momentum in Texas $62,775 MSRP

There are four Volvo dealerships in DFW now. Crest, Park Place, Autobahn, and newly added Grubbs. I got my XC90 from Crest in 2017 and they played a similar game with trying to call me out when I sent out emails to Austin and Houston Volvo dealers.

Well? Was this all for fun?

The link to the signed deal is one post above yours. In case anyone else missed it:

1 Like