Too good to be true? Dealer offer

Hi everyone! Long time lurker and first time poster here. Been soaking up all the knowledge presented in the forums and it’s been great so far.

Anyways, I’m looking for some thoughts and advice on the image below. Basically, I got a letter in the mail a few days ago from the dealer where I leased my 2016 Jeep GC Laredo. The buyout amount they’re offering is more than the agreed upon buyout amount in the lease agreement and I have about ~6 months until the lease is up. Have any of you seen similar letters before from your dealers? Is this too good to be true? At first glance it would seem like they would be taking a loss by doing this, but I know dealers are too smart to let this happen. Did I stumble upon an offer of a lifetime or should I keep on shopping? Looking forward to the discussion, thanks!

Notice the ++ beside the price? What’s the fine print??

It’s the fair market value based off KBB. Actual values may change once vetted by the dealer.

What’s that mean below the amount…it says $7,549 more for your grand cherokee. Looks like more fine print with that one?

Same thing with the value that it’s not set in stone.

I got these flyers before from Land Rover Paramus when I had a Range Rover…all smoke just to get you in.

1 Like

Marketing gimmick to get you to the dealership. my 2016 Jeep GC Limited with 23k miles is only worth $23k per Carvana and KBB Instant Offers.

1 Like

I received a similar letter from a different brand. In the small print, it said price does not include cost for reconditioning and a deduction of 25¢ per mile. Yea, subtract 25¢ per mil the 3 yr old car had been driven.

1 Like

Good to know, thanks for sharing!

Yeah i checked with similar sites and my current one is worth less than $23k so it led me to believe it was too good to be true.

“There is a shortage of used JGC in the region” should give it away right there.

2 Likes

Oh man 84mo financing, that’s great. Maybe if you’re lucky they can go 96mo :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

2 Likes