Too bad of a deal on Volvo XC90?

Hi All,

I gave this price split to a Volvo dealership in the Bay Area today. And their reaction was something like “You gotta be kidding me”. Am I too off with the ask?

Car - 2020 Volvo XC90 (New)
MSRP - $55455
SP - $49910 (10% off MSRP)
Incentive Asked for - $5250
Monthly Payment with Tax: $483 (with $1441 drive off) and no MSD
MF- .00148

What incentives are included here?

Costco - $1250
Lease Bonus - $4000 (I just added this number just to check, with an expectation that they can make at least it 60% of what I added)

To be honest, i’m pretty new to leasing and especially the negotiation around this. So, need some help :slight_smile:

Okay.

Go here, https://www.volvocars.com/us/build/suv/xc90 pick out your trim/engine/drive, and skip to the last page (summary), and hit payment estimator.

Type in your ZIP and go to the lease page, and look at applied offers. That is what you need, faster than edmunds, or go to forum.edmunds.com in google, add your car (xc90) make an edmunds google account to post your trim, drive, and ZIP.

2 Likes

Dealer ‘fear of low payment’, especially Bay Area. Been mentioned a few times on LH. Have you verified the incentives, MF and RV from Edmunds?

2 Likes

There’s another deal posted here that has $4000 lease cash, did you just figure you will get the same amount? Do you qualify for loyalty?

1 Like

Yes. I made the calculation based on that post.
I do not qualify for lease loyalty :frowning:

1 Like

maybe confusing with the purchase option that $4000 bonus cash on the T5?

think its only the standard 2500 lease cash on the T5 in the bay area, plus whatever else you can qualify for

It doesn’t work that way. The incentive is what the incentive is. If you’re going to send an itemized offer calling out incentives, you need to be damn sure you have the right numbers.

Thanks, @HersheySweet!

Checked https://www.volvocars.com/us/build/suv/xc90. I see only one offer is applied. “Lease Bonus Dealer Cash” which is $2500

Even with that calculation, $530 / month is what I get in the calculator. Not feasible?

Gotcha! As per https://www.volvocars.com/us/build/suv/xc90 , I see “Lease Bonus Dealer Cash” which is $2500 and the dealer offered me Costco incentive. So, is $2500 + $1250 considered the right number?

Yes, that would be the total of the incentives.

1 Like

Are the residuals and MF correct in the calculator? Also, what about fees? Dealer doc fees in CA are $85, whereas license/registration are ~$800.

Edit: don’t use default values in the calculator. You still need to verify them (Edmunds forum) and enter the right values

1 Like

mf/rv are correct for T5 awd 36/10 from Edmunds, using same and signing tomorrow :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m not sure about dealer fees and license/registration. I borrowed the calculator from an existing deal. Would that make considerable differences on the payment?

Yes, but you are in Cali, dealer fee built into calc (85) is a cappedish value for cali iirc, and for reg, shoot for the higher 400 value, worst thing you get a refund check.

1 Like

On a $60k+ SUV? Double that $400 and youll be close to the right number.

The fees being off here are good for $10 /mo or so

1 Like

wow! Congrats! Can we get a taste of deal? :wink:

No clue on Cali reg fees, price for good weather eh? Listen to MLLCB he’s local to you.

Best part is, you get to pay them every year