Tire tread requirement at end of lease. Any chance Pirelli Cinturato p7 all season will be ok at 20k miles?

Tire rating, brand, weather condition, asphalt, driving style etc all contribute. On 36k miles i don’t expect tires to pass lease end inspection so i plan ahead and do what i described above.

Agreed. I rotate and check pressure religiously…I’ve never had a 36 month lease I didn’t have to buy tires for.

I’ve always purchased tires from bestusedtires.com for my lease turn ins. It would have cost me around $1200 to replace the tires with new ones, but I could buy a used set for less than half of that with 7-8/32 tread depth. I’ve only had one problem with a tire, and they replaced it immediately. YMMV of course, but it’s worth checking out.

Those are Pirelli’s, might want to state that because Cinturato sounded like some off brand Chinese tire or something. Personally the best advice I’ve seen here is to drive the stock tires for a couple of months, then buy regular tires and run them for the majority of the 3 years before putting the original tires back on. The majority of cars I’d want to replace the tires from the factory tires anyway, because either they come with run flats or generally not so great tires.

Good tip. I updated title and initial post.

So if the tires are say 1/32 under the minimum will they ding you the full amount of a replacement set of tires, or will they prorate a certain percentage as wear and tear?

All or none. No proration with tires.

Having just done an Ally lease (Nov), I was impressed that they sent the wear and tear guide up-front - never had that before from a lease company…

Note: tires have to be 1/8" across the tread. Less than 1/8" at any point is classed as excess wear & tear.

John.

Thanks to all for the advice.
Going in to dealership tomorrow to finalize deal (hammered out most of it via email).
Last item is 10k vs 12k mile for the 2yr lease.
Since its AWD Giulia, I believe all tires are same size (i.e. not a staggered setup) and can be rotated for longer life.
Sounds like I have a shot at getting 20k miles (10k x 2yr) and still have required 4/32 tread left at turn-in.
If not, will use the tips here to make the best of it.

Had them on my audi couple of years ago. Replaced at 41k.

You should be good at 20.

there are so many car dealerships competing for business in my area that no body has ever said anything about condition of car or the tires on any car ive returned yet Between the wife and myself we r talking 7 or 8 cars . Weather you are taking it back where u leased it or another brand or dealer they are mostly concerned about getting you in another new car quickly