Tips on getting lease equity

Consider utilizing outsider destinations that let somebody assume control over your rent so you can get out. In case you’re remaining with a similar maker you may have some luckiness. Be that as it may, recollect deterioration is most noteworthy in the initial year and a half yet your installments are spread equally so leaving early can be exceptionally hazardous.

I talked to a manager at VCFS and he said no extensions without ordering a new Volvo. I know they will consider hardship cases, so maybe Gogooma could make up something. I’d suggest Gogooma ask VCFS for an extension without being specific as to why, to leave room for a story later if they say no (which I’m sure they will).

Worst case - can always order a car and not pick it up. Deposit should be refundable, I’d think.

In CA, deposits are refundable by law. Technically, we’re allowed to hold on to it until the car is sold.

Maybe just put your name on something coming in anyway vs ordering some oddball that hurts the dealer if you don’t take it.

Yep, same in VA. But I think you can always say that the lease doesn’t look good when the car arrives and back out or get a different one.

If Gogooma wants to lease another Volvo, he should work out a deal now and (most likely) lock in the September lease deal with “offer protection” as a worst-case scenario. When the car comes in and the lease is better (most likely), he can switch to that. Or walk away entirely. I’m just suggesting he doesn’t order some weird car and leave the dealer twisting in the wind with it.

This thread has been great. Nice to see Q and the others spreading their knowledge around.

We leased a Toyota Highlander and were over the mileage and dumped it three months early and still walked with a check. Pretty sure we will be able to do the same thing with our Pilot. My wife wants an XC 90 next so might have to spring for the 15k per year due to the way the leases on those are structured.

Offer protection does not “protect” current lease terms and incentives, does it? Only the sale price? There was something recently somewhere about it.
Of course he needs to work with the dealer and order normal car if there is 50/50 chance he won’t take it.

Lease RVs and MFs are protected. Usually the other incentives are, but only if offer protection is marked “yes.” Stuff like summer or winter sales events, or Costco programs are not protected (that I’ve seen). The lease has to be pre-approved to have the option. The customer has a choice between the entire package in place when ordered vs picked up. No mixing and matching.

“Price protection” exempts the customer from a price increase.

Well, price increase (sale price that is) is obviously protected. Otherwise, how do you buy ordered car :smile:

Right now there’s nothing to offer protect on an XC90 lease (at least in CA), except the RV and MF. It’s almost a certainty that there will be incentives as early as next month. Gogooma could work a deal on a car, and then wait until Oct 2nd to have the dealer put his name on the car to protect the October incentives (assuming they qualify for offer protection).