**Capped fees: $1,935

1 Like

Good deal 1010

2 Likes

Not bad 2020

What does 1010 and 2020 mean?!

Good discount. How many miles?

About 1500

I’m going to hazard a guess that your deal is in the 98-99 %’ile. You can maybe do slightly better but you’re scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Just check what fees they cap’d for you since you have 0 DAS.

I think dealer mentioned like $1900ish but I don’t recall exactly.

Does it make financial sense to pay something up front? Or just do zero drive off?

Get them to itemize everything in there, including the NJ sales tax amount, 1st month payment, doc fee, tire tax, acquisition fee, etc. This is more due diligence than anything - I think your monthly looks right given other things.

It’s a tradeoff. If you do 0 DAS, then you’re paying interest (the MF) on the upfronts. If you roll them in, you have some protection against losing some of that upfront in case of vehicle theft or total accident loss and if you can invest that money instead into something that yields > MF costs, you’re net winning.

Any reason you didn’t consider MSDs? That’s almost always a good ROI. Or is it in a state that doesn’t support them?

Thanks very helpful.

I did not get a breakdown of the fees, but, eyeball test looked okay.

I will look into the MSDs. It looks like applying MSD will drop the rate from APR: 3.07% to APR : 2.23%. This will drop the payment maybe like $45/month, but tie up about $7,000. With a back-of-the-envelope calculation, I will save about $1620. So, essentially |Investment Gain of $1,620.00 and ROI 23.14% with Annualized ROI 7.02%. Stocks are predicted to be below this over the next 3 years. Appears to be a win especially if one plans zero DAS

2 Likes

Yup, that sounds about right. It’s also a guaranteed return with close to 0 risk; only risk is credit, that BMWFS defaults :slight_smile:

One gotcha with MSDs is lease transfer. If you think you’ll want to swap it with someone, most swappers don’t want to put up $, but you’ll need them to to recover your MSD. But if that’s not a concern, then no issues.

I don’t think I’d worry about that with an X7 especially if they suddenly become hackable in the next year.

What do you mean?

Is asking for rubber floor mats to be thrown in a dick move? I looked and they are like $300 for the three rows! Or it’s a lease - who cares about the floor?

If you’ve already agreed to a specific deal then yes…as a cherry on top? No.

1 Like

What @Electric said. Worst case, you can add them to cap cost and it’ll residualize (I think you can do that with addons like that).

AFAIK there’s a limited list of items that residualize… @BMW_Dave may have it.

1 Like

The forum requires minimum 20 characters for a post, so for a short one we add fillers like 1010 2020 etc etc

I would say go ahead and ask. Once you sign, they will also add their spiffs, trying to sign you up for protection packages etc etc. the biggest dick moves always happens in finance.

1 Like

Got confirmation Fees capped at $1935. Added to main post.
Do not seem terrible and inline with I see on the forum