Thoughts on Audi Q4 Etron and Potential Pricing

With the release of the new Audi Q4 etron in the Fall, I expect demand to be high. The base model is 45k and all wheel drive 50k without tax incentives. Is there a way to predict potential lease pricing and are there generally any deals the first few months after release?

No and no.

I’d be willing to bet that you’d pay less to get the current e-tron now than the q4 until it’s been out for a while.

3 Likes

If the current e-tron starts at 65k, how would that be possible even if you could get a good price on it

Because there are big incentives on the e-tron and its unlikely the q4 will be subsidized nearly the same when it comes out. Msrp is not a good indicator of what the lease price will be.

3 Likes

You don’t know how many times I’ve had a conversation with friends on this topic. On any car, MSRP only guides but does not determine the actual lease cost.

1 Like

Generally? No. Go look at what etrons leased for the first six months they were out.

If you want a good deal on a Q4 when there are deals, now might be a good time to start educating yourself on leasing 101.

If there were a gun to my head to predict how these would lease I would make a few assumptions:

1. The federal $7,500 EV tax credit would apply
  2. MF at least initially would be somewhere around 0.00125 (based on a desirable model such as the A5 sportback)
  3. RV would be roughly 50%(based on the current e tron)
  4. An 8% discount would be attainable.
  5. Audi would not incentivize this any further until there are a lot on dealer lots.

If all of these assumption are correct, a well equipped one (55k nominally) would be around 1% of MSRP with minimal drive offs. To be clear though, I’m blowing smoke out of my ass but we will see if I’m close in a few months.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.