This BMW series cost less than my Audi, but monthly rate is more. Question

What is a ‘good’ deal to you? Most popular cars (historically low supplies with strong demand) are still selling around MSRP with base MF (already high) marked up fully and RVs are much lower than the past…it’s math…only thing you can try to do is get MSRP down as much as you can and demand base MF (good luck)…otherwise and regardless most lease programs aren’t very attractive these days…and probably for a while longer!

1 Like

Got it. Thanks for the info. I am curious why RVs are lower than the past. I would have thought the assumption is that the cars are going to hold their RV in the future right now. Appreciate the response.

Because it is sales/profit…they make more money if residuals are lower…residuals aren’t always based in reality!

You are aware that a new 5 series is coming out, right? They already stopped making the old one, and the first of the new ones will arrive in next month or so.

The purpose of the calculator isn’t to tell you if you’re getting a good deal. :slight_smile:

It helps you understand how to structure an optimal deal, so you know what to offer.

By the time you reach out to a dealer you should already know what you’re willing to pay.

From personal experience, once you’ve got the concepts the rest falls into place.

And the key for me to unlocking the concepts was understanding how to correctly operate the calculator, and from there, the data points in Marketplace informed me on what I should pay.

At that point I could confidently make offers, and know when to sign, push a bit harder or walk away.

(I’ve done two leases in my life, btw, one of which was only six weeks ago :slight_smile: ).

Just because a broker told you 1 5Series is available doesn’t mean they aren’t a good broker. They can’t sh!t the car out for you lol

Have you reached out to @Ashleigh or @IAC_Scott ?

As @dbz said, a new body style is coming out so the existing car may be getting thin on dealer lots now.

1 Like

The 2023 5 series has been very thin. There are a few I can dig up, but OP has to be verrrry flexible. I have access to one at 7% off, but the 530ix doesn’t even have a preferential loyalty MF anymore. BMW knows there aren’t many left.

1 Like

We’ve got some 530xe loaners that are very aggressively priced if interested.

I almost forgot I had a 530xe. I also have 5 540ixs that will probably never be built that are in 105. :upside_down_face:

“Just because a broker told you 1 5Series is available doesn’t mean they aren’t a good broker. They can’t sh!t the car out for you lol”

I didn’t say they weren’t a good broker. I was saying I was surprised there was only one Series 5 out there. I can see why you thought that though. My poor choice of wording it. Yes, I have messaged the two that you noted. One was just recently and the other was weeks ago with specifics and never heard back.

Thanks for the note. I have a 2023 540 x-drive at 10% off MSRP but I’m still trying to determine if the rest of the deal is fair. They told me they are using a 57% residual and MF: 0.00230.

You’re welcome! It’s really 8% off because the MF is marked up. It’s honestly pretty fair given how few of them are around right now. Feel free to message me the whole sheet/deal to take a look at it.

1 Like

I’d say probably take that deal with inventory level where it is. This is nationwide on both RWD and AWD 540’s.

1 Like

That’s a deal breaker right there due to taxes unless you choose a car with some exceptional lease programs. Neither BMW nor Audi have any on their ICEV right now.

I also didn’t mean to sound harsh. I understand the frustration because you would think a 5 Series would be an easy car to come by. It’s just bad timing with the body style changing as we speak.

1 Like

Patience and time…patience and time…
And do not believe Cadillac sales people who state “Lyriq’s are flying off the lot!”
The only thing flying off the lot is Cadillac Lyriq Production which is dismal.

1 Like