The Tesla Landfill. Shame. Shame. Shame

Y’all just wait and see - a long-lost Nigerian prince is gonna offer $65k… :crazy_face:

2 Likes
1 Like

17 fatalities, 736 crashes: The shocking toll of Tesla’s Autopilot Tesla’s driver-assistance system, known as Autopilot, has been involved in far more crashes than previously reported

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2023/06/10/tesla-autopilot-crashes-elon-musk/

1 Like

i was wondering how long it would be before that article showed up in one of the tesla threads.

Is that even bad compared to the Normie death toll? I feel like I dodge texters daily on 95

Driving is literally the most dangerous thing any normal person does

5 Likes

Driving in Miami is great compared to nyc - tesla will not be an independent company much longer

Merger with ford or gm coming soon

No way. Ford / GM adopting charging from Tesla. They are the leaders in EV.

1 Like

Tesla doing the merging and absorbing them perhaps. :rofl:

3 Likes

Short term Stock price isn’t a reflection of long term sustainability

Once the veneer wears off and the talented employees depart - we shall see

Twitter was a diversification play - Elon Will slowly get out of Tesla

He’s a media guy now

Mr bean touched a nerve. Mass media doing damage control on Rowan Atkinson is actually hilarious. Must not bash their agenda…

1 Like

???

10char

Google it quite comical the damage control retorts from industry insiders

I think evs have great potential as well. But agree with most of what he eloquently says, I was just never duped by it

There is a lot of overthinking in that article. I don’t think people are buying EVs for environmental reasons, not anymore at least. Well, I’ll just speak for myself. I don’t lease EVs because I care about the environment. I actually went from an EV to ICE and then back to EV. I have never nor do I ever plan on taking a road trip in an EV, not as long as we have a gas vehicle in the household, at least a PHEV which will still be allowed after the gas car ban. I just don’t like doing things the hard way

1 Like

1 Like

I have two EVs. The environment never factored into my decision. $6.00 gas did, however.

Most wealthy environmentalists are among the world’s biggest hypocrites…multiple homes, thousands of hours in the air, private jets, yachts…

A garage full of Hummers would do less damage than a private jet trip to Aspen.

2 Likes

The Wire Laugh GIF

The Toyota guy calling out an article that concludes hydrogen is the future… Which completely ignores the concept of EV battery recycling.

I converted to BEVs because of economics, not environment, but I sleep well at night knowing that instead of supporting big oil my cars are powered by the sun.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it be wild if Toyota was just faking us out with this hydrogen nonsense and was really working on solid state batteries that are commercially viable?

Hopefully the case but not holding my breath, I’m losing faith in the company that brought us the first legit mass market hybrid.

3 Likes

The truth is that even if you have solar your car really isn’t powered by the sun due to interconnectivity as the overwhelming majority of the grid in the US is powered by fossil fuels (60% as of 2021). There are almost zero “environmentally friendly” aspects to the manufacturing and disposal of your BEV battery as well.

No gas is a reality though.

Nothing against the world of BEV/EVs etc., but you have to be realistic about what is really going on.

2 Likes

Shhhh…don’t let anyone know Toyota holds the most patents in the solid state battery space.

2 Likes