That’s funny
I have this car :joy::joy::joy: but US version

1 Like

They are VERY busy……
relax florida GIF

1 Like

caught ted GIF

mad homer simpson GIF

Most people who own Tesla S, at least the people I know here in LA, don’t care and have no clue. And, if you’re driving a $100,000 car, an extra $10-30K depreciation should be immaterial.

The percentage of car buyers who were even aware you could make money on your lease last year was tiny…I had to tell EVERYONE I knew who had a lease.

2 Likes

Eh I’m not so sure. That is a pretty decent hit. Ya I’m sure most buying model S are concerned about value retention but it certainly doesn’t help

Anyone who is actually in this income bracket and has more than 5 financial brain cells would disagree.

e.g.: You buy a $100k car. Normal RV is 60% after 3 years, so you burn $40k over your 3-year ownership. An extra $10-30k on this is a HUGE blow.

2 Likes

If you’re planning on selling you’re car every three years, you’re almost always better off leasing…especially in high tax states like CA.

What I’m saying is that most of these buyers aren’t even aware of the price drops…I talk to other Tesla owners around me (which seems to be half my neighbors) and NONE of them are aware of the price drops.

Most people buy a car and are done…they’re not checking out the secondary car market or current prices like the nutjobs on car bulletin boards.

3 Likes

What? This makes no sense and is totally dependent on the car.

Lets just end it here…we clearly aren’t on the same page on anything.

Same page, different languages. One is implying a conditional context, the other is explicitly noting the conditional context.

Life is easier as friends, friends.

None of these comments relate to your original claim “if you’re driving a $100,000 car, an extra $10-30K depreciation should be immaterial” or my response to your claim.

My wealthy friends…the kinds that drive six-figure cars, really don’t care about $10-30K. They drop that on a weekend ski trip to Aspen. I know others that drop half a million to remodel a bathroom that they remodeled five years earlier! $30K will cover two hours in a Gulfsteam V…maybe.

So, yes, it is immaterial to these buyers. It makes ZERO difference to their lifestyle.

It’s a boatload of money to me, but I’m not dropping 100K on a car.

There are quite a few model S buyers at lower levels of wealth than above. Yes those people don’t care but I don’t think those are really typical model S buyers. Way more common to be lawyer or doctor, tech person making 2-500k/yr in which a 10-30k loss of equity is not nothing.

Average model S buyer is not flying around in private jets

6 Likes

I didn’t say it was nothing.

I said it was immaterial, which according to the dictionary means “of no substantial importance”.

If $10-30K affects your lifestyle, you probably shouldn’t be buying a 100K car.

Still zero relevance. You’re using a personal anecdote of some imaginary friends who do not represent the average Model S buyer.

1 Like

really don’t care about $10-30K. They drop that on a weekend ski trip to Aspen

LMAO. This is a little bit of exaggerating, if I have 30k to spend over a weekend, why the heck I would drive a Tesla MS.

1 Like

Your view of the average driver of a $100k vehicle is skewed

3 Likes

2 Likes