The Credit Thread

Agreed, especially for those who have the patience to navigate various loyalty programs to maximize the value of MR points transfers to hotels and/or airlines (not me). There is incredible potential there.

For “groceries” I have 6% cash back with Amex Blue Cash Preferred ($95 AF, which I’ve never actually paid) or 4.5% back when I use my US Bank Altitude Reserve via Apple Pay at the grocery store.

Or 5.25% cash back on one of my no-AF B of A 3/2/1 cards and Platinum Preferred relationship bonus.

Now I’m hungry. :shallow_pan_of_food:

3 Likes

Which is one of the only things I use this card for. I did buy some Gold with it last week online to get 3% cash back.

Calculus within calculus, and while it’s sometime worth that little bit extra, it isn’t always. When I lived in Ohio I played the gift card/grocery rewards/AMEX cashback on everything, but here in CA I just buy most of my gas at Costco and try to buy everything on cashback cards, which I always pay off every month.

The extreme eCouponing and get very extreme.

1 Like

Split the credit card chat to another thread.

1 Like

Most of it was in the spirit of helping someone pick an Amex to get the $2,500 Better offer.

But I have a lot more content that I had already filed away for another time and place.

1 Like

None stolen at all! I’m available as a resource if anyone needs help. I’m not going to push recommendations unless asked :blush:. Plenty of good advice and opinions here, too.

1 Like

This is what I blog about. Let me know if you need help deciding on a card or figuring out what to do.

Sounds good. I’ll take a look at your site

Ethan Dornhelm, VP of FICO scores and predictive analytics, tells CNBC Select. “To lenders, a consumer with a score in the 800s is a sparkling applicant.”

My credit…

• Is Sparkling
  • Has Waxy Buildup
0 voters

Dude I got a 78,000 on the WonderLick and I make eleventy billion dollars an hour.

Why do I need to tell you my credit score?

Sheesh.

:bat:

3 Likes

Think you guys are in the wrong thread. Anyway getting back on topic is this normal. I got 1 lease with 4 credit pulls!

It’s a thread about credit. :man_shrugging:t2:

I see two pulls (normal) and two reports propagating to 2 credit bureaus.

1 Like

Ok thanks 10101010

Right? Dealer pull (TU). Chase pull (TU). First payment history posted to TransUnion (which was used to score your lease) and Experian.

Eventually it will make it to your Equifax also.

IIRC the multiple pulls show up but they only count it as one hard pull as long as it’s done in the same general time frame ~30 days, bureau assumes you’re shopping for best rates

The issue is that it was more than 30 days apart

One inquiry on 1/27.
One inquiry on 1/28.

The other two alerts from 4/3 are from when your new account was added to your credit reports. This would have happened whether it had taken 1, 2 or 74,000 inquiries to get your lease approved.

Thank you!

Hi all,

Similar to @Wakimike I have the same question. Only thing with my situation it’s no new accounts opened. I was approved the other day dealer told me tier 1 with 825 score, ok great. Yet I keep seeing pulls each day. What’s going on here? I’ve called them, but no response yet. I’d just drive there if they weren’t out of state. I understand that the dealer triggers these pulls, so maybe these finance guys are not on the same page and pulling things that have already pulled? 6 pulls now!!!

Edit I just see it’s the different unions

Those will get scored as one each on TU and Experian.

It’s normal for the dealer to pull and the finance company to pull separately.

Not sure why they’d both pull Experian again so soon, but this will not impact your life (and your scores will barely flinch).

1 Like

I tend to be super particular of my credit and hard pulls. Waking up to alerts for the past 3 days have driven me insane. The score hasn’t moved of course, but with anymore in that short of time could probably see a blip.

Found it odd about the experian as well. The F&I guy is out and someone else is filling in. I hope the fill in did not go and subsequently pull it again not knowing. If I see another alert then I may blow a gasket lol

Thanks for the reassurance though!

1 Like