The Best Finance Rates & Hacks! Submit your CU recommendations!

45k otd? No taxes or dmv for your reg? 45k is basically msrp :joy:

1 Like

Iā€™m very sorry for both of them. I actually have some of my classmates going to that Comm. College.
This month has been me just breaking things :smiling_imp:

I donā€™t have to pay taxes or any government fees beyond 90 dollars for registration.

Iā€™m US military stationed in Germany and since we arenā€™t registering the vehicles in the states, thereā€™s no sales tax to pay and we donā€™t pay tax to Germany on them as per the SOFA. Thereā€™s a dealer network (fleet dealer) that secures build slots for cars like this every once in a while and offers them for sale basically at cost. They do tack on a dealer processing fee and a shipping fee, so ineffect Iā€™m paying destination twiceā€¦ at the end of the day my quote is 45,700 OTD.

3 Likes

If you ever come accross those BMW foreign sales special editions please let me know I have a friend whos always joked about buying one.

There are no ā€œspecialā€ editions just for foreign sales unless itā€™sa custom diplomatic car. We do not get access to those builds. I can only get what you can get in the states.

1 Like

Whatā€™s the deal with Gold Coast? They also seem to have good rates but everyone seems to be going to ARMCO.

ARMCOs rates are even better, the lower rates r for lower terms.

with Armco, I got a message that they were waiting on my CU membership before they could finalize the loan, It isnā€™t a huge deal to me since I have decided to get a different car and am gonna have to wait for it anyway.

Military guy without a dodge charger? Inconceivable!

Challenger/mustangs/charger/Camaro; theyā€™re everywhere here. I try not to blend in with the rest.

1 Like

For Loan application with Armco ,I got a conditional approval from them saying they could only approve for 24 months (till validity of I94/797). Anyone in the same boat who is on H1B and had luck with them for 60/72 months ?

they didnā€™t approve me at all even after i provided letter from my employer

What did you decide then ? which CU ddid you decide ?

none - captive lender are approving me so no CU route for me

MCU best in the NE currently. Locked in 72months @ 3.9 on lease buyout. Rates lower for new purchase

Their communication is horrible but you gotta be persistent and stay on top of them to make it happen.

84 months only approved for loans above 50K

Link plz? 10char

any advice, I bought my car all cash thinking I can refinance it later once I get my tax returns in order. turns out credit unions will only refinance existing loans.

any advice?

MCU has pretty tight restrictions to who can join

• An employee of the City of New York
  • An employee of a hospital, nursing home, health facility, or their affiliates located in New York State
  • A Federal employee who works in the five boroughs
  • A State employee who works in the five boroughs
  • All students enrolled in a college, university, school, or institution, in the City University of New York (CUNY) education system
  • All students enrolled in St. Johnā€™s University who are attending campuses located in New York State
  • An employee working for agencies operating within the City of New York metropolitan area and which are at least in part funded by the City of New York or the State of New York
  • A retiree receiving a pension or annuity from one of the organizations that qualify for membership in MCU
  • An employee of an insurance company that offers health related insurance in the State of New York
  • An employee of companies that produce and/or supply hospitals in the State of New York with medical and other types of healthcare products
  • An employee of the City of Yonkers or Mount Vernon
  • An employee of a private college located in the City of New York
  • An employee of a private or public college in the counties of Nassau, Suffolk or Westchester
  • An employee of the Archdiocese of New York or Brooklyn
  • A member of certain private employers or industry groups
  • A family member of a member or individual who is eligible for membership. Eligible family members include those related by blood, marriage, adoption or living in the same household, including spouse, parent, stepparent, child, stepchild, sibling, stepsibling, grandchild, grandparent, or great grandparent. ā€œHouseholdā€ means living in the same residence and maintaining a single economic unit.

Anyone know what I should if I have to wait 8-12 weeks for a car? Will a CU honor their rate? Unfortunately the dealers are only taking non refundable deposits so I hate to throw $1000 away if something happens